Stories you would have liked to have seen, the Voyager edition.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tracy Trek, Sep 21, 2016.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seska's baby grows up, takes over the Kazon because his Cardassian DNA makes him a mega-genius in their world and then finds a wormhole and returns to the AQ to lay claim to his heritage (and because he's sick of the Kazon and figures something better is out there). He's a very smart lunatic, with heart.

Super embarrassing scene with the greying Chak and Seska's now adult child..

"You know.. for a while there I thought you were my son.."

2. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would go for the (fair) organization of a trial for Chakotay and his crew, for their Maquis activities, with vastly reduced sentences of prison because of their activate collaboration aboard Voyager for 7 years (thanks to Janeway's testimony), at the end. But I don't think that Starfleet command will offer them a reinstatement and even less a promotion. Alright, I know that non-canon Voyager relaunch novels did it but in the real world, governments & military forces - regardless of the country - are not as forgiving (even in wartime!)& generous with those whom they consider as traitors, believe me! :whistle:

3. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Tom's status back in the Alpha Quadrant would also be a question. He was captured as a maquis and has an unfinished prison term. Whatever the fate of Chakotay and his crew is would probably be the same for Tom

4. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    They could say their time aboard Voyager was could count as Time served.

5. Sophie74656

To me this seems the most likely. They wouldn't go to prison, but they may not be allowed to continue to serve as starfleet officers

6. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Although I have forgotten to quote Tom, he was still in my mind. But I think that he stands a better chance than Chakotay, Allaya, etc.. in the view of Starflett command staff (Admiral Patterson got Tom out of the Federation penal colony where he was serving time, accepting to give to him, the opportunity to redeem himself by participating in a mission to track down the Maquis ship. OK, it was on Janeway's expressly request but well, if I remember well, Patterson accepted the request without too much resistance and he didn't have to regret his decision, right?! And then, there is Tom's own father, Admiral Owen Paris. As one of you said it so well, the father mellowed out in 7 years and I'm pretty sure that he will do everything to protect his son ... as well as his daughter-in-law and his granddaughter, Miral, now they are all back and safe and sound!

So, with 2 Admirals (Patterson, Paris), a Captain (Janeway) speaking for him, Tom Paris has somethings up his sleeve, doesn't he?

7. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Would Tom's past discharge from Starfleet and the reason behind it (the lie he told) count against him as well?

If they were allowed to stay in Starfleet when they got back to the AQ, I would have liked to have seen Tom and B'Elanna working in ship design.

8. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree here.

I also think that the events in the Voyager books are the most realistic. When Voyager came back to the Alpha Quadrant, the Starfleet-Maquis conflict was over since long and since the Maquis crewmembers had done such a good job as Starfleet crewmembers on Voyager they would all be paroled and allowed to continue with Starfleet if they wanted. The same for Tom who really proved himself during the journey home and really deserved his rank and being a Starfleet member.

9. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

In my last comment, I wrote that I thought that Tom (and by association, B'Elena Torres) stood a better chance than Chakotay, Allaya, etc.. in the view of Starflett command staff, well, I refered on his great chance to escape prison thanks to his proeminent supporters BUT don't dream, Tom - as B'Elena - would NEVER be reappointed by Starfleet and certainly not with permanent ranks for the simple fact that technically, it would be difficult. Indeed, Tom was dishonorably discharged from Starfleet (the man redeemed himself a conduct but NOT the ranked officer he was) and B'Elena was maybe one of the finest students that professors had ever taught but she dropped out even before she graduates (in fact, if we take into account her short past at the Starfleet Academy, she was still a cadet when she left Starfleet to join the Maquis, right?! So, she would have to reapply to the Starfleet Academy, to graduate out in the first ... and to count on the support of her stepfather, Adm. Owen Paris & Janeway, newly promoted Adm, to get ā€ˇprecociously, a commission as Lt Jr or even full Lt in order to work in their engineer dpt (*)!)
    Plus, according to what I saw in the 172 episodes, although Torres was a lovely person, able to be friendly and fiercely loyal, she wasn't less emotional there (hot-tempered when things do not take place as she would want and in the speed she desired, struggling to follow protocol, still not ready to make concessions in her principles...

In short, B'Elena is a brilliant individual but wouldn't fit in a military organization like Starfleet and we could say the same of Tom!.

However, the Paris couple could be hired by Starfleet as civil experts (Tom in ship
    design & B'Elena in ā€ˇengineering). So, enjoying financial, material and technological benefits offered by Starfleet but far from the protocol, from the politically correct, etc... .

10. PersonalResponsibility

PersonalResponsibility Ensign Red Shirt

Wesley Crusher making an appearance with his powers or whatever. I thought he was going to bring Voyager back to the alpha quadrant but they went with the borg conduits :(

11. Sophie74656

Personally I'm very glad this didn't happen

12. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tom Paris was a Starfleet Officer. He wasn't on any temp basis. His sentence was served, and his commission returned.

The Maquis weren't criminals just for being Maquis. They'd have to be responsible for some crime to even be sought after. When Sisko was going after Eddington, and called up the Malinche, he's like "Yo, can you stop this Maquis ship? You're a lot closer."
    And the other guy says "Why would I stop a Maquis ship?"
    "....Eddington..."
    "....Everyone's favorite traitor..."

Chakotay wasn't a traitor. He resigned responsibly. Eddington stole industrial replicators, and a bunch of other crimes. Ro and Hudson disobeyed orders and resigned without notice.

I think most of the Maquis in Voyager are civilians, and would probably try to pick up their lives when they get back

13. Sophie74656

Tom didn't finish his prison term. He was going to help Janeway then he was going back to prison.

14. Prax

Federation Prisons(or penal colonies) don't have terms. They are like mental health facilities. Once the inmate "gets better" they're released.

15. Sophie74656

In Caretaker Janeway says

JANEWAY: You help us find that ship, we help you at your next outmeet review.

To me that seems like he would have been going back after the mission

16. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

I would have liked a few more episodes about the Vaduawr.

17. Prax

Yea, he was going to go back. I think Janeway really wanted to redeem Adm. Paris' son.

18. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Federation truth-speak for "parole hearing."

Paris' next (first) review might have been ten years away.

19. Sophie74656

There's of course no basis for this but seeing as how his father was an important admiral i would imagine his sentence wasn't very long. But we don't know how long he had already been there

20. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Exactly and besides, Janeway has informed Tom (who would be a Starfleet observer all the time of their "getaway") that, when the mission (to find Chakotay's Maquis ship, which has disappeared in the Badlands a week ago) would be over (= after a few weeks, if we refer to her chat with Mark via a monitor), he would cut loose (=.he would return to Federation Penal Settlement, New Zealand, in the waiting of his next outmeet review led by the Rehab Commission, where surely Janeway would go testify on his way, to expedite his release)