• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

STNG - Mirror Universe

Spock's attempts otherwise, I wonder why they didn't go with the Terran Empire conquered both Bajor and the Cardassians for the DS9 episodes.
I imagine they appreciated the dramatic irony of Spock succeeding only to have things end up going very, very badly for the former Terran Empire.

Unless you subscribe to the novelverse interpretation of events.
 
I think maybe another two episodes of her would have been nice.

At this point I'm used to TV shows that do significant time jumps and premise changes, so they could have established more of the Shenzhou prior to the Battle of the Binary Stars.

...problem being that, as it is, DISCO got some flak for not even showing Discovery until the 3rd episode. So I'm not quite sure how to balance this out. I'm not keen on the idea of flashbacks.
could have done it with some Short Treks. done itt instead of section 31... idk.
 
There's some real clunkers like Masks, Sub Rosa, Genesis, Firstborn. A MU episode would surely have been more interesting than those ones. And it could have saved money as a bottle episode.
 
They didn't feel confident in their ability to do it right, say anything worth saying, so they didn't. Major cred for not going after low-hanging fruit there. Giving the fans what they only think they want. I think part of the problem with the MU is that its denizens are too arch. They're supposed to be the evil versions of our own "good" characters...but do our characters act as over the top good as their doppelgängers do evil? One should imagine our guys in monks robes and and crucifixes for how their mirror versions look, with their blades and midriffs/biceps out. A better way to have done it is a bit of what we saw in "Yesterday's Enterprise," with their personalities testier, their ships darker, and with them ever at war, but no less themselves, really. Do them not as cartoonish versions of themselves but unnervingly shrewd and effective twisted versions of them. In a word: Nazis. Not easily dismissible ones either. At least not our command crew atop the ranks of the banner ship of the Empire. Charismatic even, more like Dukat in "The Maquis" than the silly Red Contact Lens demon he became later. Something like that might have worked. They needed to get Diane Duane to come pitch it to them. What I wouldn't give to visit the alternate universe where the show went on for 14 seasons and they did to an episode of that or two.
 
Last edited:
though I did find something kind of compelling about MU Bareil.
Anglim turned his acting up from 0.5/10 to 0.9/10 for that episode. That's why.

Also weirdly I just googled him to check if he was one L (he was) but they have a picture of Glenn (two Ls) Close (one L). And is it weird how they have a photo with the exact same impression. Their noses are also very similar.

 
Anglim turned his acting up from 0.5/10 to 0.9/10 for that episode. That's why.

Also weirdly I just googled him to check if he was one L (he was) but they have a picture of Glenn (two Ls) Close (one L). And is it weird how they have a photo with the exact same impression. Their noses are also very similar.

What do the Ls refer to?
 
I Googled him to check if he has one l in his name (he does). I shouldn't have said was, that makes him sound dead.
 
IMHO, Dark Mirror is just okay. I reviewed it here.

I do think the tone of the MU wouldn't have fit in TNG. That said, if Shinzon had been a MU version of Picard (could have been a slightly different MU than the DS9 one), and thus also played by Stewart, that would have probably improved Nemesis a point or two right there.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top