STC: To Boldly Indiegogo

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by BoredShipCapt'n, Mar 1, 2016.

1. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

STC is my favorite fan series and I hope they raise the money they need to finish the series as planned.

That said, I think they should take whatever money this fundraiser brings in and finish the series with that. It will be fewer episodes, maybe not as ambitious in scope, but it will let them go out with heads held high. They'll know that they accomplished what most only dream about.

2. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

I for one am not ready for them to go quietly into the night so soon after building the engine room and they still have a planet set we have not seen yet. 300K will keep them in business for over a year or more. A lot can happen in fan films in that time and the Axanar disaster should be a distant memory by then.

BoredShipCapt'n likes this.
  3. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm also not in favor of rushing to an ending. They have character arcs planned out, more sets to make use of, and other stories to tell. Axanar is a bump in the road, but not the end of the road.

bkmyers and Firebird like this.
  4. Firebird

Firebird Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    THIS. The budget for the remaining episodes will come; they only film 2 a year, so they've got plenty of time.

5. QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think you need to expect it to be a bit before seeing any planet set. According to their 501(c)(3) application the purchase of the Farragut bridge set forced a delay of the planet set.

From page 35 of the Form 1023 exhibits:
    "2016 [financials] incl $50K delayed planet set"

From page 36 of the Form 1023 exhibits:
    "Promise to build Planet Set superceeded[sic] by necessity of buying Bridge Set from owners; both valued ~$50K"

http://www.duffylaw.org/tce.pdf

Philip Guyott likes this.
  6. BoredShipCapt'n

Ah, that explains a bit.

7. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Understandable but a little disappointed you had to dig into the financials to find this out.

8. BoredShipCapt'n

They are going to release (I don't think I shall ever say "drop") an exclusive teaser for "Come Not Between the Dragons" if the campaign reaches $200,000 by May 1.

Warped9, Firebird and 9gs like this.
  9. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

It's disappointing that they are behind the curve. I get the impression that it is a popular webseries among trek fans, great reviews, decent marketing, and a million + viewers in the States and internationally. Is Indiegogo not international? What about corporate donations for write-offs? Pixar hosts a private screening every time one of these are released. They have two episodes coming out this year, on time (Episode 7 will screen in SLC in the fall), they've cleared the space for Planet Set and started pricing out the materials, and they have apparently built a "mystery set" that will showcase in Ep 7. They are full steam ahead with no evidence that CBS is going to turn off the lights. I understand the risk if corporations get involved with another IP holder, but still, it makes little sense why donations are behind the curve.

10. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Yes, the reduced donations from this crowdfunding campaign sure is inexcplicable.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope it's OK if i post this here, but I just wanted to say that I just watched the first episode for the first time and I really enjoyed it.

bkmyers likes this.
  12. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Arcs? That's interesting

Apart from Eps 1 and 3 i like how their eps are self-contained and have kept close to the 60s show while NV have been modifying the ship and uniforms slowly; Vic said he wants to do a 'series finale' (and at the release rate it looks like Continues will get there first) so with them vowing to almost literally make it like 1969/70 it will be interesting to see their approach

Also notice how we haven't really had any Klingons/Romulans etc yet in an episode

13. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Arg bring on the Romulans! Come on Vic :) They sold several "Big Ticket" donations B4. I wonder if the Axanar disaster has made anyone shy away from that or if people that would spend that kind of $$ have already done so on previous campaigns.

14. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

The thing is 1-5 dollars per viewer will easily cover it. Right now there's little more than 1500 backers, barely an audience at a con screening.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  15. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And even less if some donate more than once.

bkmyers likes this.
  16. BoredShipCapt'n

The character arcs will probably be pretty subtle. All they've said is that the finale will leave Kirk, Spock, and McCoy ready to go where we find them in TMP.

As for Klingons or Romulans, I doubt they'll show up unless somebody thinks of a really good story that requires them.

17. BoredShipCapt'n

... Oh, and did I mention they've got more pillows?
    [​IMG]

bkmyers likes this.
  18. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Congrats to STC! Some nice awards from Treklanta.

19. BoredShipCapt'n

$6,000 per day needed to get to 200K. Can it be done?

20. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I'd love to get one of those pillows. And it'd come in handy when my wife found out I spent $150 on a pillow and threw me out. :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016