STC Ep. 8: ???....

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Warped9, Oct 26, 2016.

1. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If backers haven't heard anything yet, a sudden release would surprise me.

2. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Yeah, I think Kirkstarter backers would be the first to get the news of episode releases. I have a (purely unscientific) feeling we're gonna get news about episode 8, and those beyond, sometime within the next month or so. My gut instinct is it's going to be a Netflix-style all-at-once premiere for the batch. I think Vic would okay it with CBS first if he were to do the usual cycle of premiering it at a convention first, and then it hitting the net a few days afterwards.

Also, I've noticed STC has started posting production photos on Instagram the last couple weeks, so things seem to be gearing back up.

3. BoredShipCapt'n

I can't actually imagine they'd do any kind of release if it wouldn't be okay with CBS.
    Don't see how this "all-at-once" idea would make that any different.

4. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Because with "all at once" then it is all released and that can't be retracted. They can apologize and play nice afterward, but they would have slipped their full release / series onto the internet for all eternity before they were told no.

5. BoredShipCapt'n

But that's assuming STC would act in direct defiance of CBS, which (as I just said) is something I feel they wouldn't do. Not "couldn't," but "wouldn't."

Warped9 likes this.
  6. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

As I have said b4 I think that would be counter to Vic's past statements and actions. Besides, i don't think they have finished filming all 4 episodes. So, even if they did release all at once we are looking at another 6 months?

7. Phoenix219

It wouldn't be in defiance of anything. CBS can not play (public) favorites, ie, they can't give STC "permission".... they may turn a blind eye. The guidelines aren't laws; just guidelines. If you want to get technical, just about every fan release has always been "in defiance of CBS/P." It wouldn't be wrong or illegal to release what they have made, but, they might get told not to release any MORE. Why not remove that obstacle by releasing them all at once?

8. Firebird

I should clarify my earlier point. What I meant was I can see Vic releasing them all-at-once so as not to "compete" in any way with the release strategy of Discovery. In this posit, he would still be getting permission from CBS to do so.

BoredShipCapt'n likes this.
  9. Phoenix219

CBS can't give "permission" for anything. They can choose to look a blind eye if they want to, but they can't officially "endorse" or "give permission" at all as far as my understanding goes.

Warped9 and BoredShipCapt'n like this.
  10. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Why not? They licensed "Star Trek" the original series set tour. Why couldn't they license STC under a similar arrangement as long as they make no profit and do not "sell" anything. They are an official non-profit already. I would like to ask Vic if this has even been floated.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  11. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

And this is essentially what they were doing before AP starting throwing shit into the fan.

Firebird and BoredShipCapt'n like this.
  12. Firebird

Grant Imahara mentioned having a day off from filming in Georgia this evening on twitter. He said he was checking out something in Savannah, which is 106 miles away, so I'm not sure if he's filming STC or if it's a different project.

13. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

It's about "that time of the year". Need a web cam outside the studio :)

Firebird likes this.
  14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Vic just did a radio interview yesterday in Milwaukee. He doesn't say anything specific other than they plan to release the final episodes.

15. Firebird

Glad to hear things are still moving along! Hopefully we finally get some news on when episode 8 comes out soon.

On another topic, I kinda hope at some point STC puts out a sort of making-of documentary for the series. I've been working on an STC DVD set - purely for fun and for my own use, so as not to come afoul of the guidelines - and a 60-90 minute documentary would be a wonderful addition to the set.

Warped9 likes this.
  16. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

That would be great.

17. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's nice to know Vic is planning on finishing his series.I really have enjoyed watching this series the last few years.

Danlav05 and BoredShipCapt'n like this.
  18. BoredShipCapt'n

We may get an announcement soon. Michele is starting to leave "watch this space"-type comments on her page ("this space" being the STC Facebook page).

19. Firebird

[​IMG]

Philip Guyott likes this.
  20. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

Welp, just got my backer email. Episode 8 debuts this April, and it sounds like 9, 10, and 11 had already been shot and are all in various stages of Post-Production.

Yancy