STC Ep. 7: "Embrace The Winds" speculation and discussion....

But so what if they did go there? It's not like it would be the end of the series or something.

Oh, wait. :guffaw:

They actually seemed to have toned down the Kirk/McKennah tension so maybe they won't go there.

Maybe they might do McKennah/Drake or even McKennah/Spock.

Hmm... Maybe thats what drives Spock to seek kohlinar. :lol:

If we are making predictions, I think they will kill McKenna off in the last episode.
Seriously, I was thinking the same thing as it's the only way they can explain ZERO mention of the character in any of the subsequent TOS-based films (and STC does seem fond of 'connecting the canon dots' between the end of the TOS series and the feature film era.)

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing as it's the only way they can explain ZERO mention of the character in any of the subsequent TOS-based films (and STC does seem fond of 'connecting the canon dots' between the end of the TOS series and the feature film era.)
Well, shame on Paramount for not anticipating a particular secondary character in a fan film. :lol:

Since TNG never mentioned Dr. Pulaski again after the premiere of season 3, I think it's entirely reasonable to believe McKennah doesn't have to die to satisfy canon. Starfleet could have decided to table the ship's counselor program after the end of Kirk's five-year mission, or there simply wasn't enough time for Kirk to be concerned with getting her to the Enterprise during the V'ger crisis.

Since TNG never mentioned Dr. Pulaski again after the premiere of season 3, I think it's entirely reasonable to believe McKennah doesn't have to die to satisfy canon. Starfleet could have decided to table the ship's counselor program after the end of Kirk's five-year mission, or there simply wasn't enough time for Kirk to be concerned with getting her to the Enterprise during the V'ger crisis.
two things first LMAO at the mental image of someone asking the Continues cast why McKennah is not in the movies at a con.

second, this might just be me but I consider Star Trek Continues to be part of an alternative timeline, and as such the movies in that timeline, might well contain McKennah, ive not bought a great deal of thought into what she would do in the movies, but none the less, in that timeline, she could well have be present during those events.

Or she could simply be reassigned to another ship after the Enterprise's mission is over.

"Saavik, this is goodbye."

Or she could simply be reassigned to another ship after the Enterprise's mission is over.

"Saavik, this is goodbye."
there will be none of that sensible talk here, but actually if Star Trek Continues was S4 of the shows, its certainly possible characters from it, would have appeared in the movies, or at the least had their absence explained away in TMP. Saavik was a character created for the movies, so its not the same thing.

Is there no way Continues could use Saavik, maybe her first meeting with Spock, something like that. Maybe that meeting is what inspires her to join Star Fleet.

The timing is right for Spock to find Savvik especially if they go with the ferral orphan backstory, but that's seems more like a story New Voyages should have done.

While the sight of the Enterprise in drydock at the end is a very overt callout to post TOS I don't think STC would go so far as to parachute in a post TOS character (such as Saavik). I just don't think they'll go there.

While I am not fond of the post TOS callouts they have done they have tended to be on the more subtle side.

And who is to say that Spock didn't encounter Saavik post TMP and several years before TWOK?

Exactly. No one ever said Spock encountered a small, prepubescent child on a failed colony. She might well have been an older teenager that Spock decided to mentor through Starfleet as a way of helping her recover from her experiences on Hellguard (I believe that was the name).

Exactly. It's "one, big, happy fleet," and Enterprise isn't the only ship out there.
did you not see Uhara in Star Trek 09, she acted like being on the Enterprise was a massive deal.

The timing is right for Spock to find Savvik especially if they go with the ferral orphan backstory, but that's seems more like a story New Voyages should have done.
I need to look into that storyline, but yeah NV was more likely to do that kind of episode.

If we are making predictions, I think they will kill McKenna off in the last episode.
Interestingly, i believe, New Voyages had something similar planned for their final episode. James hinted at something like that at a convention appearance many years ago. Apparently something bad was to happen, that drove Kirk, Spock and McCoy apart. The theory i formed from that was, that Peter Kirk, Redshirt was to die on a mission commanded by Spock.

Interestingly, i believe, New Voyages had something similar planned for their final episode. James hinted at something like that at a convention appearance many years ago. Apparently something bad was to happen, that drove Kirk, Spock and McCoy apart. The theory i formed from that was, that Peter Kirk, Redshirt was to die on a mission commanded by Spock.

The final scene of the final episode would have been the Enterpise pulling into drydock, them seeing the (cough) pyjamas and hating them.

At least STC are working to have their finale made!

Last edited:
The final scene of the final episode would have been the Enterpise pulling into drydock, them seeing the (cough) pyjamas and hating them.
McCoy: "If they expect me to wear one of those flesh-colored unitards, I'm outta here."
Spock: "Indeed."
Kirk: "The grey two-piecers aren't so bad."
McCoy: "Kiss-up."
Spock: "Indeed."

did you not see Uhara in Star Trek 09, she acted like being on the Enterprise was a massive deal.

In the Kelvin Timeline, that Enterprise is the only one of her class, as we've seen no other nu-Constitution ships. In the Prime Timeline, there were at least 8 other Constitution class ships, so there's several ships exactly like the Enterprise.

Back