News Stay At Home With ULTRAMAN| Ultra Science Fiction Hour on YouTube

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", May 1, 2020.

1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Anne attendends the birthday party for her friend Ruriko, but the party is interrupted when Ruriko is abducted by aliens, in episode #22 of "UltraSeven":

2. Kai "the spy"

Well, it luckily isn't as frequent as it used to be for a while, but with episode #49 of "Ultraman Ace", they forgot to include the English subtitles again:

3. Kai "the spy"

After UltraGuard save a fortune teller from a myserious attacker, he predicts the destruction of a vital warehouse, in episode #23 of "UltraSeven":

4. Kai "the spy"

Traffic lights go haywire, causing accidents all over town, in episode #50 of "Ultraman Ace" (yes, with subtitles):

5. Kai "the spy"

In episode #24 of "UltraSeven", Furuhashi's mother wants him to quit the Ultra Guard and take over the family farm:

6. Kai "the spy"

In episode #51 of "Ultraman Ace", a possessed violin sucks the energy out of anyone playing it:

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Kai "the spy"

^Very sad. Apparently, he'd had lung cancer as first diagnosed back in 2017.

On another note:

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Saraba, Jiro Dan.

April 21? That seems too early for the premiere of the next series. Maybe that's the day the series is officially announced or gets a trailer? Or is Code Name Ultraman some kind of special or miniseries?

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

11. Christopher

And the father of the Gouraigers in Hurricaneger.

He always struck an imposing figure. He reminded me physically of Richard Kiel (James Bond's Jaws), though he was a much better actor than Kiel.

12. Kai "the spy"

A terrible blizzard hits the Earth Defense HQ and traps Dan's car in the snow, in episode #25 of "UltraSeven":

I might be mistaken, but I think this might be the first referrence of UltraSeven coming from Nebula M78 and thus properly linking UltraSeven to Ultraman. His weakness to cold, though, definitely wasn't mentioned before (and considering we already had episodes in the snow, it should have), and I also don't think it was ever picked up on again.

13. Kai "the spy"

Sorry, I've been rather busy this week. Here are the uploaded episodes of the past week:

In memory of the late Dan Jiro, Tsuburaya uploaded episode #51 - the finale - of "Return of Ultraman":

And it's in time for the finale of "Ultraman Ace" in episode #52, as well:

In episode #26 of "UltraSeven", Dan faces a moral dilemma as mankind tests a new weapon that is capable of destroying other planets:

And, quite unexpectedly, Tsuburaya announces the launch of the English dub of "Ultraman Z" on 8 April:

14. Kai "the spy"

Last week saw the end of "Ultraman Ace", and in its place in the weekly schedule starts "Ultraman Taro" with episode #1:

15. Christopher

Meh, Taro. Probably my least favorite Showa Ultraman series, though Leo's also in the running. The most child-oriented and silly season, with some of the dumbest-looking kaiju and certainly the dumbest-looking defense team uniforms and vehicles.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Here we go again but in dub form

Ultraman Z dub version episode 1

I love the humor.

"The Trigger. You gotta press the trigger!"

Episode 2

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    Kai "the spy" likes this.
  17. Kai "the spy"

^The dub is surprisingly good. Hope this will help to bring in new fans.

Meanwhile, in episode #27 of "UltraSeven", a friend of Ultra Guard member Soga's disappears into an alien submarine (Unknown Submarine Object?) in a swamp, while his fiancée is found unconscious nearby:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  18. Kai "the spy"

Episode #3 of "Ultraman Taro" has Kotaro training for a fight, a man-eating kaiju (including a life-sized tongue prop interacting with the victims), and Captain Asahina making decisions based on what his officers had for dinner:

And in the dubbed episode #3 of "Ultraman Z", the team is tasked with transporting the hibernating Gomora to a safe location, but obviously the monster wakes up early:

19. Christopher

I wasn't crazy about how that episode ended. Gomora deserved to be treated more kindly.

20. Kai "the spy"

Episode #28 of "UltraSeven" presents the infamous Dinosaur Tank:

And the dubbed episode #3 of "Ultraman Z" has the underground monster Telesdon attacking, while the new mecha Windam is taking a long time to charge up: