Started watching My Little Pony!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Janeway’s Girl, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Amaris

Amaris Guest

She was in it for a few seconds at the end, where they showed her and Trixie on the road in her caravan.

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must have missed that bit. Also it was nice to know that Applejack’s dad gave her the hat, which explains why she wears it all the time.

I have decided to watch the first Equestria Girls movie, just for the hell of it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Amaris likes this.
  3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I hope you enjoy it, though if you do watch the first one, commit to watching the second one too (Rainbow Rocks), as that one is great (IMO), but needs the first to understand the context.

4. Janeway’s Girl

I watched the first movie. I prefer them as ponies and didn’t like the high school setting.

But when season 9 starts I’ll be all in. :)

Amaris likes this.
  5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

That's cool. I can't wait to see what season 9 has in store. Since it's likely to be the last (though not 100% confirmed), I'm expecting big big things.

6. Janeway’s Girl

I can see myself re-watching a few of the seasons before then. Seasons 2, 4, and 5 were my favourite.

Amaris likes this.
  7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I'm a season 1 guy. I love all the seasons, but the first one is still my favorite. ♥

8. Janeway’s Girl

Season 6 was painful to get through!

What’s your least favourite season?

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Season 5 is probably my least favorite. It has a few great episodes, but overall was pretty meh for me.

10. Janeway’s Girl

While I love season 5, it had the weakest opener and finale of the entire show.

Who are your favourite characters?

Mine are Pinkie Pie, Discord, Princess Luna, and Princess Skystar.

11. Amaris

Amaris Guest

That's a tough one, because there are so many. If I had to distill it down to, say, five, it would be: Twilight Sparkle, Luna, Fluttershy, Starlight Glimmer, and Trixie. If we're counting Equestria Girls, I'd add Sunset Shimmer.

12. Janeway’s Girl

Trixie’s design is so cool!

Even though I downed 8 seasons, 2 movies, and a special, I’m still wanting more so I will be watching the other Equestria Girls movies and specials. I may not like it but it still has the same characters I’ve come to love.

Amaris likes this.
  13. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I do think the first one is good, though I ended up loving the second one, and the other ones are good, too. Yeah, I want more pony, and the idea of there being an end at season 9 saddens me. This series has meant more to me than just a fun little show full of great characters. A lot more.

As for Trixie's design, it is awesome! Also, if you'll noted, Trixie is the only pony outside of Celestia and Luna that has irises that don't gradient like the others. They're soft gradients rather than hard ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Janeway’s Girl

I never noticed that detail. I don’t really notice small details like that.

Amaris likes this.
  15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My top five favorites:

1. Starlight Glimmer
    2. Pinkie Pie
    3. Princess Twilight Sparkle
    4. Sunset Shimmer
    5. Trixie

Janeway’s Girl and Amaris like this.
  16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Friendship literally is magic?

How can anyone forgo the opportunity to practice magic, just get a trite thrill from being a mean jerk?

Amaris likes this.
  17. Janeway’s Girl

Rainbow Rocks was so much better than the first movie!

Snaploud and Amaris like this.
  18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I only noticed after repeatedly watching season one over and over again during the first hiatus. :D

I’m glad so many people like Starlight. It took a few episodes for me to warm up to her, but now she’s one of my favorites.

There are creatures who do. Some, like Changelings, who feed off of emotions like love and friendship.

See?! I knew you’d end up liking it! :D

Janeway’s Girl likes this.
  19. Janeway’s Girl

The Friendship Games was better than the first movie but nowhere near as good as Rainbow Rocks. It was cool to see Twilight become corrupted though.

Amaris likes this.
  20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yep. I like it because it gives us an idea of just how powerful Twilight is, in ways we haven't really seen. I mean "Twilight's Kingdom" shows us with the resources of four Alicorns at her disposal, but it still doesn't truly show us the level of skill and power she possesses. I hope we finally get to see that, though EQG: Friendship Games does give us a taste of that, even in her regular human form.