Spoilers Star Wars: Resistance season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Booji, Sep 26, 2019.

1. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And yet we got Kaztastrophe.

We totally needed that name last season.

CorporalCaptain and The Wormhole like this.
  2. kitik

First I was like "whoa, a hat-less Captain Doza", but then they blew me away with jackets for both Torra and Kaz! So nice to see them looking different.

Buggles saved the day once again. The ancient Jedi master obviously set himself up perfectly as bait to line up the shot that Kaz would need to take down the jakoosk or whatever it was called.

Though I do have to complain that Captain Doza only thanked Kaz, Torra, and Buggles at the end. CB-23 deserved a big thank you too, obviously.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clearly Captain Doza only views droids as property and therefore sees no need to thank them or show them manners of any kind.

4. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I noticed the episode incorporated a bit of Rey's Theme into the music, most noticeably when the ships launch on the first hunting expedition. Or, at least, something evocative of yet legally distinct from Rey's Theme.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Visually, S2 continues to impress me.

7. David cgc

Did anyone else think it was weird no one commented on the fact that Neeku and Nena were the same species? Though, checking on Wookiepedia, it looks like they're all over The Clone Wars, so I guess it's probably not as unusual in-universe as it seemed after seeing Neeku all by himself for so long on the Colossus. Also, fun fact I found out, the actress who voiced Nena is married to the actor who plays Neeku. Casting gag!

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  8. The Wormhole

Got to say, I found this episode rather meh. Granted, Neeku isn't really a favourite character of mine to begin with, but Nena having an ulterior motive was obvious a mile away.
    Also, we'd already seen another of the species in season 1 working with Yeager's brother.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Nikto seem to be up there in ubiquity with Twi'Leks and Rodians, at least when it comes to background characters. So someone commenting on it would be like commenting that both Kaz and Torra are human.

Anyway: the episode was OK. About average for the season so far.

10. CorporalCaptain

The most interesting thing to me about the episode was that the engineer is now targeted by the First Order. She's now set up as free to join the Resistance.

11. The Wormhole

Kind of a missed opportunity they didn't make the archaeologist in this week's episode Aphra. I mean I get why they didn't, they don't want to peg the comics down by establishing what she's up to thirty years after the OT. Still, it would have been cool.

12. Tuskin38

13. kitik

Whoa, I was pretty shocked when Resistance went to a planet with trees! Pretty surprising for this show. And then they went and showed us a Sith temple! Glad I didn't know that was coming, because it was a huge surprise. This show has mostly steered clear of the Jedi and Sith.

Good episode, much more interesting than Flix and his relatives last week. It almost felt out of place on Resistance, feeling much more like a Rebels or Clone Wars setting.

Have we ever seen those Stormtrooper Raiders before? They looked pretty cool.

Haven't seen Tam in a few episodes. Will she be fully indoctrinated next time we see her?

Also, this episode was Kaz at his most Kaz-iest. Did he do anything smart or useful all episode? At least last week he seemed to realize that the light bothered those dragons.

14. Tuskin38

They’re brand new.

They might show up in other media, the fun facts page for this episode states Kylo is looking for sith artifacts all over the galaxy, and that his search will show up in other upcoming media.

15. kitik

So have we jumped to a point in time that is past the end of TLJ?

16. Tuskin38

I don't think so.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Not explicitly, but it does feel like it. I mean wasn't the chase to Crait explicitly said to have been something like 18hrs, max? Granted we don't know how long the fleet was in hyperspace prior to that, but it couldn't have been *that* long.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I thought that would surely have happened already. In episode 2 of the season, I think it was, they arrived at the old Resistance base not long after the First Order destroyed it, and that destruction happened in the first act of TLJ. So that episode was during the movie at the very least. And the events of the movie didn't take more than a few days at most, I thought.

19. David cgc

It was eighteen hours between Finn and Rose leaving for Canto Bight and the Raddus running out of fuel. The time to the landing on Crait was actually less than that, since the ship used some of its fuel to refill the shuttles, and still hadn't run out when it was destroyed. But, as you say, there's no telling how long they were in hyperspace, or how long the chase was going on before they left. Still, I doubt the movie took place over more than three days, (though Rey's plot could've started a bit earlier than the chase plot. Resistance probably gives us an idea for how long passed between Rey leaving to find Luke and the base being evacuated, since we know when Hosnian Prime was destroyed and can probably deduce how long it took for the Colossus to get to the aftermath of the battle at the beginning of TLJ).

Reverend likes this.
  20. CorporalCaptain

And the look of the show keeps continuing to amaze. This week, as already mentioned: the trees! Even just the tree shadows were cool.