Star Wars Dark Horse comics disscussion and comments

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by timothy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Do you guys think that INGA was finished in Agent of the Empire or she will return?

2. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Dawn of the Jedi 3 is out.
    The duel with Xesh ends with a draw and he runs into the chasm. Our 3 heroes go after him and 3 masters follow them. It ends with Xesh collapsing and Daegan Lok sensing an oppurtunity.

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PLEASE use the spoiler alert. DOTJ is becoming one of mt favorite new titles in the star wars universe.

4. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

5. timothy

That is all right I just started reading it.

6. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

7. timothy

Here is what I learned at comic con for comics:

Star wars ongoing
    star wars agent of the empire 5 to 8 issues a year
    Star wars dark times 5 issues a year
    Star wars dawn of the jedi 5 to 8 issues
    Star wars knight errant ending after current arc
    Star wars blood ties ending after current arc
    Star wars the old republic ended for now
    Star wars the lost tribe of the sith ending after first arc
    Star wars darth vader 5 issues a year
    Star wars ongoing to be anouced
    Star wars 8 issues to be anounced

8. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Thanks for this info.

I have mixed feelings about Knight Errant ending. I was happy to see a female Jedi as the main character and I was initially excited about the time period covered, but the execution left me less than enthused. I would've liked to have seen more Sith Lords than Odion and Daimon. They got too much focus. I've been checking out the current, and I guess, last arc, and that hasn't quite grabbed me either. Though I do love the covers.

I've been enjoying this current, and now last too, arc of Blood Ties. Which surprises me because I'm not a Boba Fett fan, but the books are fast paced and got enough punch. I was also cool to Agent of the Empire at first, but the first arc finished strong. And I'm glad Dark Times is coming back. I think it's the best Star Wars comic out there now.

With the Lost Tribe comic I'm surprised that it even got one arc. Though I probably will buy at least the first issue.

9. timothy

Have you read the lost tribe of the sith e books if not there is now a collected edition with one extra story in it and it's only $4.99.

10. DarKush

^
    I haven't, but I was thinking about getting the collected volume when it came out in the bookstore. I'm not an e-book reader. Though that price is very enticing. I have read the entire Fate of the Jedi series, and wasn't overly impressed with the Lost Tribe. I felt they were used as fodder too much. However the concept of the Lost Tribe is a good one. The idea of a Sith civilization is something that hasn't been touched on too much, well until recently now with the Lost Tribe and the Old Republic stuff.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I wouldn't bother. I didn't find the Lost Tribe eBook series to be well-written or terribly interesting.

12. timothy

Star wars crimson empire 3 is ready for preorder on the barnes and noble nook color/tablet.

13. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Instead of the annouced big 3 series they should do a Lando series.

14. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised they've never done a Leia book or comic book series. Leia's early years with the Rebellion and in the Senate could provide some good stories.

As I posted on another thread, after many years I quit collecting the regular Star Wars titles. I just wasn't interested in them anymore. But I am reading Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison and I think it's excellent. Strong story and characterization.

We finally get a Darth Vader that feels like he could have been Anakin Skywalker. I've feel like the Vader we've seen in most comics is just Vader, with no trace of the man he once was. By ANH, I can understand this but in the early days of the Empire, he should still come across as a little more like Anakin in terms of personality and traits. I think we see that in Ghost Prison.

15. Drago-Kazov

It's good, try it.

16. Drago-Kazov

So any opinions on the new LostTribe comics?

17. DarKush

I thought the first issue was decent. I wasn't blown away by it, but at the same time, I thought the artwork was fine, the characters okay, and the cliffhanger at the end was intriguing. I am looking forward to seeing the Lost Tribe and Kesh visualized. I was curious about why none of the Keshiri seem to have force powers.

18. DarKush

If you like Ghost Prison I would also recommend Vader and the Lost Command, the preceding graphic novel written by Haden Blackman. You might also want to check out The Dark Times comics. While Vader doesn't play a big part in them, you do get glimpses of him that feels more tied to Anakin from the films. You might also like the Purge one-shots that are about Vader hunting down the Jedi.

It does seem odd that Leia hasn't gotten a miniseries. Well, perhaps we will see more of her in the Brian Wood upcoming series.

I also like Drago-Kazov's idea of a Lando series.

19. Drago-Kazov

I have the same opinion.

The Keshiri just never got lucky to have somebody force sensitive and as said in the comic Keshiri and humans cannot produce children.

20. DarKush

^
    Well the thing is, in the Fate of the Jedi novels (which take place some 40 years after ROTJ), some Keshiri do have force powers and are prominent members of the Lost Tribe. So I'm curious about where these force wielding Keshiri came from.