Star Trek Storytelling: From The Original Series to Star Trek Picard - Do You Have What it Takes . .

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella

Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella Ensign Newbie

Dear Friends:

My newest book, Star Trek Storytelling: From the the Original Series to Star Trek: Picard - Do You Have What it takes to Write in the Roddenberry Universe?, is now available as both a Kindle e-book and paperback on Amazon.com.

If you would like more information on this book, please go to this link on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PRPHVZN

As a former freelance pitch artist for Star Trek: Enterprise with first hand knowledge of the writing process of veteran scribes and non-industry people, I welcome you to the mysterious journey of what makes Roddenberry's iconic franchise what it has been and is today.

As Q would say, "See you - out there."

Dr. Joe

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

@Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella , thank you for sharing information about your new book. However, it has come to my attention that you've posted book announcements three times across two forums in the last couple days, and that is getting into spam territory.

Since this thread has a more detailed opening post, I am going to close the other one. Please do not start any other threads on the same topic, and please keep any future announcements in this thread. (If you want the title changed to something more generic, let me know.) Please note that we also have a 2022 book releases thread that you could use instead.

Thank you.

Daddy Todd and Ronald Held like this.
  3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

This one sounded interesting. Speedy service from Amazon.au, which was useful since USPS still has Australia on a ban list!

[​IMG]
    New Trek stuff
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Reanok, Markonian and Jarvisimo like this.
  4. Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella

Dear Therin of Andor!

Love the stuffed animals, I mean, Andorians!!!How cute!!!

Thanks so much for the order!

Lots of first-person stories, my friend. Even a few or mine, too!

Take care and please, Live Long and Prosper!

Dr. Joe

5. Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella

Trekkers!

As Ray Bradbury, Stephen King and other world renown literary giants have promoted, the use of metaphor is most important in writing science fiction and fantastic stories. In the many incarnations of Star Trek (The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and others), the best stories show the potential of our civilization. By developing memorable characters, complex plot lines and very human stories, writers like Michael Taylor (The Visitor, Things Past, and In the Pale Moonlight in DS9 for example) have shown us the many shades of grey in Trek characters, and most importantly, how real life problems are dealt with by all of us today. Michael Taylor's stories, and other prominent writers in multiple Trek series, such as Ronald D. Moore, Ira Steven Behr, Micheal Piller, Jeri Taylor, Peter Allen Fields, to name a few, have revealed the very best and worst humanity is today, but also the hopefulness it holds for us in the future.

As you read this book, you will learn how to become a better storyteller like those featured in the Star Trek franchise over the past 57+ years.

Most importantly, you will learn what it takes to pitch memorable concepts to the Star Trek executives, how short stories were developed for Simon and Schuster's fan-fiction series,Star Trek:Strange New Worlds, and what it takes to write teleplays and even non-fiction books for publication today. Believe it or not, you have the talent to write in the Roddenberry universe - whether it is non-fiction book for publication as an Indie author or for fan fiction sites on the internet run by Star Trek fan groups.

As a former freelance pitch artist for Star Trek: Enterprise, a short story finalist for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, a San Diego Comic Convention moderator for, "Do You Have What it Takes to Pitch and write for Star Trek?" panel sessions, and best selling non-fiction author for, The Tao of Star Trek: Finding Your Inner Self Through Outer Space, you are welcome to take a journey with me and see the behind the scenes work of writers throughout the nearly six decades of work in the Roddenberry universe.

If legendary freelance story contributors to the Star Trek saga like Hillary Bader, Harry 'Doc' Kloor, Jimmy Diggs, and Jack Trevino, just to name a handful,could made their marks in the Roddenberry franchise, why can't you?

As my father always said to me, "There's always a way" to success and happiness.

If your dream is to become the next great writer in the Star Trek tradition, please take your first steps with me as your writing teacher. There's always room for one more fantastic storyteller like Ray Bradbury, Stephen King, and you, in the Roddenberry galaxy. Take my hand, and I promise to help you along the path to better understand the craft of Star Trek storytelling.

Live Long and Proper!

PS: Here is a link to my book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PRPHVZN

6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

@Dr. Joseph D. Di Lella , just a friendly reminder to please keep any additional announcements in this single thread. I have moved your new post into this thread for you. Thank you.