Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Don't jinx it!

Markonian likes this.
  2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I do hope that they now have a more robust archival policy in place, in light of the many losses other such productions have had in the past, going all the way to First Contact. It really isn’t hard...

3. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

I think it's more likely for these CG models to survive in Eaglemoss's archives than at CBS...

Markonian and 137th Gebirg like this.
  4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: Hey, so long as they survive somewhere, I’d be happy. That stuff should never be lost through simple carelessness. If someone hangs onto them that cares about them, they’ll always be safe. Eaglemoss is perfectly fine. We know that there are people there who would be mindful of such things.

publiusr likes this.
  5. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just have to keep updating the models as new graphics programs come out. I heard that was a problem with some CGI ships... the programs they used to creat them just don’t run on modern technology.

kind of like how I had a bunch of stories and papers that are lost to time, because nobody seems to have the peripherals to read a 25-year-old iOmega 100 MB Zip Drive anymore.

6. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

After ordering some six weeks ago, taking an age to be sent out from EMUSA and then taking even longer to get from New Jersey to Dublin, my latest ships have arrived:

Screenshot_20210226-111948_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210226-115217_Gallery.jpg

7. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

publiusr likes this.
  8. MFB

MFB Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, the RCS thrusters are not randomly spread on the 2009 Enterprise but there are many of them on the hull and they are very tiny as you can see here especially compared to the phaser array:

https://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/st2009-4K/chapter06/st_2009_4k_0663.jpg

Of course they are so small Eaglemoss left them out on their model. (I acknowledge their effort to put the bigger thrusters on the saucer rim on the model at least but they are just slight notches without detail.) So in case of doubt why should Eaglemoss not allow the Cerritos a similiar RCS system?

Markonian likes this.
  9. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Before the pandemic hit, Ben had tweeted that the NSEA Protector (Galaxy Quest) was coming at the end of 2021.

Given that it and the Eagle have not been mentioned in a while, I wonder if they’re still on track?

MFB, saddestmoon and 137th Gebirg like this.
  10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I hope so.

Markonian likes this.
  11. Robert April

Robert April Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've started collecting Eaglemoss Star Trek models and I think the detail is amazing. I have the NCC-1701 TOS through F versions and just got the refit / 2271 version. I didn't realize it from the photos, but I see it now after having received one that the color is wrong. It's painted in the TOS gray instead of the white like the A. I can understand the Phase II model being gray but not the refit. I'm curious if anything has been said by others or Eaglemoss about this mistake.

12. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

13. Robert April

14. Robert April

If I could edit my post, I'd state with the wrong colors for the refit, I'm not so sure that I want to even display that version. :(

I first started my collection because I wanted to display all the ships from ST III, the first movie I saw in the theaters. I really liked the new ship designs like the Excelsior and the Grissom. Eaglemoss even has the merchant ship.

15. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have 26, and wanna have 6 more

16. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

IMO,The Merchantman is one of their best replicas- larger than expected with lots of great detail.

Robert April and dantini like this.
  17. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wanna get the Sheliak ship, cause it's an extension of the Merchantman and has a nice color

18. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Might need to be an all new tool, the Shelick version had forward hull extentions which make to too long for their standard packaging

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

So the second Inquiry class variant will be a gift for subscribers... I was hoping they'd wait until season 2 to see if a more refined version of the CG model becomes available.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Markonian likes this.