Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I believe one has been announced and listed on the Memory Alpha Eaglemoss Trek site as a Special Edition.

FINALLY!

Tomalak likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah PC only, and no accounts are not interchangeable.

You could probably ask a PC player to create and upload your design to the site.

Markonian and 137th Gebirg like this.
  3. 137th Gebirg

Thx for the info. :sigh: Was afraid of that. May be a problem, as it's a Tier 6 that's only purchasable via Zen (Yamato-class Dreadnaught Cruiser), and I certainly wouldn't want someone to expend their own hard-earned currency on such a thing and finding someone who already has one active or in drydock would be difficult, to say the least. I guess I'll have to maybe wait to see if, one day, they'll open that functionality up to consoles.

Markonian likes this.
  4. Tuskin38

I own the Yamato, PM me your customization details.

Markonian likes this.
  5. 137th Gebirg

Outstanding! Thx much, will get it to you tonight.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  6. Tuskin38

Markonian and 137th Gebirg like this.
  7. 137th Gebirg

Okay, I will look at that first. If I can't get it to do what I need it to do, I will PM you. Thx again!

Update: There are a couple that are kind of close, but none close enough. Will get you the info soon.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

was impatient so ordered the discovery shuttle from the UK on eBay and it's great:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

KennyB, drt, saddestmoon and 4 others like this.
  9. 137th Gebirg

That's pretty! They really did a nice job with that.

pst likes this.
  10. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

That looks great! They did a good job on the work bee they released earlier.

Although ethis does make me wonder if I have fallen victim to the eaglemoss curse. I haven't received a ship for September (Klingon raider I believe). Womp womp.

pst likes this.
  11. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Cancelled my Disco sub with a heavy heart, but it's cheaper and quicker to get the ships from the webshop. In the UK, 3 issues were on the webshop that I hadn't received yet.

Instead, DPD is due to deliver today. :angel:

Can't wait for the shuttle set. Any idea when they might sell it?

mindx2 likes this.
  12. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

I don't subscribe to the Disco ship line but is there even a regular subscription line still going...?!!! I know I'm being facetious but in reality I've received one... ONE shipment of two ships since April!! I've still not heard a peep about this or my missing Bonnie magazine from them. Is there any way to let the "powers-that-be" at Eaglemoss that this is getting ridiculous? Most of the ships they should have sent me are, of course, readily available on the web store. Does Ben Robinson know about this end of the business? If more people like @Markonian (and most likely myself at this point) start dropping their subscriptions doesn't that bring about the end of the line? So he and Eaglemoss would want to keep subscribers happy? Right?

I broke down and ordered five ships off of ebay and the Eaglemoss web store to fill in the gaps. Just a lot of frustration after being a loyal customer for many years.... :(

Markonian likes this.
  13. 137th Gebirg

Yes it's still going, but that one doesn't seem to be as prolifically distributed as the other lines. Probably due to the larger sizes and increased detailing that's involved with those.

Based on their online store (from a subscriber's POV), we're still waiting on the Klingon Raider and the new Disco Shuttlecraft has just recently been released for pre-order. I'm still personally waiting on the Worker Bee, which is still MIA for some odd reason and probably will be for quite some time, knowing Eaglemoss.

There are still quite a number of Fed and Klingon ships which have not been made yet. Memory Alpha has listings of all future releases, including the USS Hiawatha, Klingon Beacon of Kahless, Landing Pod, Section 31 ship and all of the Klingon house ships from Season 1.

Markonian likes this.
  14. Tuskin38

I'd like to see a pristine version of the shuttle.

15. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

worth the wait:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. 137th Gebirg

Very nice - SO looking forward to finally getting that one.

In other news, Tuskin38 has been so kind as to configure an STO T6 Yamato-Class Dreadnaught Cruiser to match the one I use (USS Glencoe ** NCC-1692-X) and I have placed an order to get a model made of it. Sadly, they don't allow dashes in the actual registry when ordering, so I had to settle for just NCC-1692.

For those interested, here are some orthos that were built for the model. They are dead-on! Many thanks to Tuskin for setting that up! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will post models of the physical model when it arrives.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

That looks 10x more sinister and Mirror Universe-y than the actual Mirror Enterprise-D that Eaglemoss did.

18. Tuskin38

Wasn't the Eaglemoss one based off the Mirror Broken Comic?

19. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

It was indeed.

20. 137th Gebirg

Funny you should mention that. I actually based this design on the description of the ISS Enterprise from Diane Duane's 1994 TNG novel, Dark Mirror:
    I found the Monarch-style "frowning" saucer section to be particularly efficacious for this design, based on Duane's very vivid description. Took me a while to get it right, but it definitely screams "go away" to all adversaries.
    Yep it was.