Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

137th Gebirg likes this.
  2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The Daedalus (USS Horizon) I ordered from a U.S. retailer came in today (I happened to be home today, so the mail carrier actually knocked on my door to hand it to me). It's only my second Eaglemoss ship, but like the earlier Enterprise-J, I developed an immediate new appreciation for it once I took it out of the box. The Daedalus will never be a "cool" ship, but it works as a purely utilitarian workhorse design that could be built pretty quickly and in fairly large numbers.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Just posted my review:
    Hopefully, someone will listen.

Markonian, Nate and Sans like this.
  4. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

wanted to share a modification i made to the franklin: added rust colored paint to the hull and those reddish stripes along the pylons and back of the saucer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Michael, Ethros and F. King Daniel like this.
  5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Looks good. I've been thinking about doing that myself, and removing the effed-up window paint on the saucer rim.

6. 137th Gebirg

Can't see it. Photobucket is blocking.

7. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Other on-line retailers carry them. As do local comic book shops. Might cost a dollar or two more? But if it's that or wait 5 months for re-stocking... lol...

Markonian likes this.
  8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I like it too.

Here is the Discovery
    http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=35341

9. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very Cool!

Markonian and pst like this.
  11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'd love to build a studio model so big--the saucer on Shenzhou with that deflector? That's just be a phaser bank.

12. Markonian

NEWS from Memory Alpha:
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Official_Starships_Collection?useskin=oasis

1) In case you missed it, Ben Robinson has nailed down the list of Kelvin timeline shuttles to 4 different models: USS Kelvin shuttle, standard military shuttle, and the Moore & Takayama (the one tackling the Nibiru volcano) variants thereof.

2) XL Edition list: NX-01 (issue 04), Voyager (#05), 1701-A (prime, 06), Defiant NX-74205 (07), 1701-B (08), Reliant (09), 1701-C (#10).

13. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I wish those shuttle packs weren't so pricy. Or the models were bigger. As it is I just can't rationalize it to myself to pay so much money for them. I also wish they would sell them separately. I would have loved to get the Enterprise shuttlepod and the Type-7 TNG shuttle, but in a set they are just way too expensive for me. :(

Since they are doing a Kelvin timeline shuttle set, will they release more ships from that timeline as specials at some point? Would love love love to own the Newton.

The list of the XL editions sound awesome. I think I might just get another NX-01 (still the single best model from the whole collection). Defiant and Voyager sound good, too. Especially the latter suffered a bit from the small size of the regular models. And if they fix the errors on the Enterprise-C I'll think about getting that one, too. The other will probably just be too expensive for me to get, too.

14. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just received Shuttle pack 1 on Saturday and agree, $100 for the 4 of them is absurd, if they were the normal size I'd feel better about the price, but they're not. Even the magazines are smaller in size. Thankfully I was able to use the 30% off discount so they weren't as expensive, but I'm hesitant in getting Shuttle pack 2 at full price, very hesitant.

15. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have to chime in with my disappointment with Eaglemoss' US distribution center , I placed an order for 4 ships on Wednesday of last week. The payment was taken out on the same day and I still haven't received an email from them about shipping the items. The only email I received was confirming the order. I know they offer free shipping, but geez it takes them an awful long time to get them out. The package I received on Saturday was mailed out on Tuesday, and yes I know it's free shipping, but I live 4 1/2 hours away from their US distribution center. When tracking it that package was going all over the place before it got to me, it literally went through 5 states before it arrived at my house, and I live one state over from PA. Heck, I'm about 15 minutes from the PA border.

A couple weeks ago I also emailed them about inquiring whether it was possible to purchase a stand since a ship I bought online didn't have one in the box. Never heard from them on that either.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  16. Markonian

17. 137th Gebirg

There seems to be a growing groundswell of negative 3-stars-and-below reviews in that survey site over Eaglemoss, the vast majority of which are citing Pennsylvania as the main weakness in their chain. I REALLY hope someone's listening in their front office and taking steps to rectify the issues there before it starts hurting the line. The only thing holding it together is the fantastic quality of Ben's team's work. That may not be enough if too many people decide to jump ship entirely, which will hurt their R&D budget for new designs and, worse, scuttle the BSG project coming up next year. :eek:

Markonian likes this.
  18. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

got the swarm ship this weekend. nearly killed me but i replaced the dull brownish gray highlights with metallic paints, then weathered and scratched the thing all over. it's a great model, the paint job was just not great. nice weight to it.
    [​IMG]

Markonian, juventuz and 137th Gebirg like this.
  19. 137th Gebirg

So that's what one of those things looks like, eh? Nice model - a shame we only really saw a blur of it in the movie.

20. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

i almost didn't buy it for that reason, it left almost no impression on me. it was my recent fascination with repainting and modding the eaglemoss ships that led me to grab it off ebay.

stared at it too long this weekend though and now all i see is the face of a parrot looking up at me.

137th Gebirg likes this.