Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And so it begins. Soon you'll be thinking "Where am I going to put all these ships ?" like the rest of us.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    pst, Markonian and MFB like this.
  2. Nate

pst and Ethros like this.
  3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Personally, I have only three or four regular issues and one special on display at any given time and keep the other models in their box on another bookcase. I think it's a lot of fun to change them every few weeks and “rediscover” models I haven't displayed for a long time.

The one I have been displaying the most regularly is the NX-refit. Just love that model!

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

This is strange. I had asked Eaglemoss to send me a replacement magazine and not only did they send me the replacement magazine but they gave me a replacement model. So far it seems I haven't been charge for it. Tthere was a slight problem with one of the nacelles which wasn't sealed properly on the model I already has but I wasn't going to go through the hassle of having to send the old one back over a little thing. But here it is. Another modal.

Cover was all bent up on mine too. There was enough space in the box to actually put it lying flat but what they did instead was to put it in width ways with the model which gave it a big crease in the middle. Such a simple thing they could do to avoid that.

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

So I just got charged the $59.95 for the XL E-D on Friday and, according to an email I received on the same day, it's apparently being shipped. No correction calls or emails from "corporate", no skipping this one like I asked, no nothing. Which, BTW, I completely 100% expected. It's never a good sign when predictable stupidity is the baseline norm.

Oh, well. Guess I'll just flip it on eBay. I mistakenly did a similar thing with the Abrams Bird of Prey from STID, and I was able to recover my cost and then some, so... :shrug: At least now I'll be able to get the big ships regularly and for $20 cheaper than the store retail price and every one after the E-D will be one I don't have.

Honestly, it's not a terribly big deal overall, just that Eaglemoss' performance in the customer service and provisioning departments continues to be superlatively incompetent.

6. Aerotrek

Aerotrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

So having had problems with the giant enterprise e, Eaglemoss have again been absolutely brilliant. I live in the uk btw. I emailed them with photos attached of the problem. They then emailed me back saying I hadn't actually attached the pics and asked me to send them again. I sent them and within a couple of days they said they'd dispatch the Enterprise e again and it should arrive within 21 days and that I can keep the first one. I know this won't be popular but I feel really valued by eaglemoss and their customer service. I really hope though that everyone else starts to get service they deserve

Saul and Brefugee like this.
  7. Aerotrek

Aerotrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

So having had problems with the giant enterprise e, Eaglemoss have again been absolutely brilliant. I live in the uk btw. I emailed them with photos attached of the problem. They then emailed me back saying I hadn't actually attached the pics and asked me to send them again. I sent them and within a couple of days they said they'd dispatch the Enterprise e again and it should arrive within 21 days and that I can keep the first one. I know this won't be popular but I feel really valued by eaglemoss and their customer service. I really hope though that everyone else starts to get the service they deserve

8. brianwdaugherty

brianwdaugherty Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Can someone explain how to set up the Eaglemoss folder to hold the magazines that come with the ships? I want to be certain I do it right the first time, so I don't end up with a pile of magazines crowding out the other Trek books at the bottom of my bookcase.

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

For all the problems people have it's pretty great (and surprising) that they would do that.

10. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just got charged for one ship for next month. It is one of the ships I am missing; #93 ECS Horizon. Hopefully this means that there has been a new production run of some of the missing ships that are making their way through the warehouses.

11. juventuz

juventuz Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Shuttle Set 3 is coming to the US at the end of December. I like them, but I don't think I can justify $100 for them. Hope they have a 30% off discount when they come out lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

137th Gebirg, Markonian and Ethros like this.
  12. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I always loved the workbee and the travel pod. Not keen on the other two though.

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Enterprise-E shuttle looks really nice. I'd be foaming at the mouth to get all those if they were regular issues. But not much bigger than Micro Machines at working out at almost £20 each, I can't justify that price.

14. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^ Yes, that's exactly how I feel about the shuttle packs.

What I like is that they finally gave a smaller ship see-through windows. Would have really liked that on more of the models.

15. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Those pictures always decieve my brain as well, as I think those black bases are the same size as regular issues- therefore those models must be a decent size. Then I remember the shuttle bases are miniature too :D

16. Hey Missy

Hey Missy Captain Captain

UNGH!
    ARGO!
    NEED!
    :wah:

17. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  18. Nate

If you search Star Trek Binders on YouTube there are several demonstrations out there. It's something easier watched than explained I think.

19. brianwdaugherty

brianwdaugherty Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'll check that out. Thanks!

20. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Summer Sale with 30% discount on products is now on.

"Not ready to say goodbye to the summer? Neither are we. The good news is there’s still time to shop the latest summer products with up to 30% Off.

Happy Shopping!

Team Eaglemoss"