Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny how Gowron's flagship never turned up again - they could have used stock footage from WOTW to depict his arrival in season seven of DS9.

I understand there was no CGI model, but later they went to the bother of creating one for Endgame for a short scene! Money to burn obviously.

2. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, Gowron, the Chancellor of the Klingon Empire, showing up in a dinky little BoP in both "Way of the Warrior" and "When it Rains..." always bothered me. I mean Gorkon had a K't'inga (Kronos One) in ST6 and Gowron himself had a Vor'cha (the Bortas) on TNG. Is the BoP like his private vessel or something?

Heck you don't even really need to create a CG model of the Negh'Var if you're just showing it docked at the station.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I'm hearing the tune to "Hitler Has Only Got One Ball" with that one right now. Am I close?

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Nope, the theme tune is that of "Neighbours", an Aussie soap, also popular in the UK.

ETA: BTW the "Hitler has Only Got One Ball" tune is the "Colonel Bogey March".

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  5. 137th Gebirg

:lol: Wow...I was way off.

6. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think it's weird at all. Very few people have ever seen it. It only appeared in the directors cut DVD. Which I would assume had quite a small total units purchased. Its not normally broadcast and its not the version usually streaming. Even the TOS remastered ships (which are the only ships that might have had a smaller audience from home market sales, are now part of the streaming and broadcast of TOS, so that means millions of eyes could see them).

And as already mentioned ships (even many ships with multiple appearances) that don't have a CGI model made haven't been a priority for Eaglemoss. TNG and early DS9 still have several ships that were original models that haven't been made (and of course things like Trek III Merchant Man, and any kit bash over the years...).

Heck we still haven't got a Kazon ship (though two are coming) and in one episode alone over 20 million people in the US got to see them and each made multiple appearances.

7. mswood

US buyers the shuttle pack is listed as $85.00 but eagle moss sent out an ad for 20% off purchases (of $50 or more) due to the arrival of several out of stock ships. The code is TREKBACK it worked today and brought the total to $68.00 if that helps anyone else.

8. 137th Gebirg

Sadly, I already purchased the set before any of the discount codes were announced. Serves me right for being proactive. :(

9. mswood

Anyone know why the design used for the large TNG shuttle isn't the design that was actually created in model form? I haven't seen anything to explain why it doesn't reflect the actual design of the physical model.

10. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Yeah, it seems to be based on the original Probert design with the long windows.

11. Tomalak

It also doesn't match the Lcars display included. Odd decision!

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Wanted to report no damage whatsoever on the Enterprise-J and yes it's nacelles are flimsy but I'm not going to touch them.

C.E. Evans and Richard Baker like this.
  13. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the J the other day and I was *very* careful removing it from the box. I had visions of the nacelles getting stuck and breaking.

C.E. Evans likes this.
  14. tavor

tavor Lieutenant Red Shirt

if they do the curry i hope they will also do that tug that was towing it either miniature with curry model, or as separate issue/unit/mag

15. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

I've just bought the Ent-J as well from my local comic book store. I was a little nervous because usually the owner brings only one Eaglemoss model just for me. So if it was broken I would have been screwed. Luckily it was perfect although I'm still afraid to take it out of its box. The nacelles and pylons are literally needle thin!

C.E. Evans and publiusr like this.
  16. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Which is sort of funny since in the show the LCARS usually featured the long window version.

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I see from Facebook the subscribers have their latest ships, 94 & 95. Ha the Suliban cell ship looks even more bland than I thought, but the USS Kyushu looks great, can't wait to get my hands on it

137th Gebirg likes this.
  18. mswood

I just assumed it was destroyed in the war. After all we do now that many a klingon ship was destroyed.

It's the only thing that makes any real sense to me.

19. Tomalak

Yeah, that makes sense. They had to retreat quickly when the Dominion got involved.

20. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

Received issues #90-#93. The Saratogo came with a broken nacelle so I called Eaglemoss. Have to say their customer service for me has always been great as they are shipping out a new one no questions asked. Haven't had too many broken ships throughout my subscription but when it happens they send out a replacement asap. The Medusan ship is a little weird and doesn't really "fit" design-wise with most of the ships in the collection. The Horizon is just a dull model... more a long stick than a ship. Really like the look and feel of both the Saratoga and Romulan Scout.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017