Game Star Trek Resurgence - new Star Trek videogame announced

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Tuskin38, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Well it looks like it did from the trailer last year, a interactive book with some on rails stuff, although weird they removed the walking about the hanger bit, which i thought they would have wanted to highlight more to differ from any other TT game.

2. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

Replacement link, IGN took it down for some reason and reupload it:

Markonian likes this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The old version said the game was out, the new version correctly says it's out tomorrow.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Probably been removed from the game. Looking to be another letdown from current Trek. Unreal 5 engine was a waste of money for this type of game.

5. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Some reviews.
    wccftech 7/10
    VG247 3/5
    Eurogamer (DE) 4/5
    The Gamer 3/5
    Gizmodo
    NoisyPixel 8/10

I just want to know how long the story is and if it has enough choice variance for multiple significantly different playthroughs.

Ogrebear, Markonian, ED-209 and 2 others like this.
  6. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One of the reviews said the story is 12 hours long. Personally I think that's a bit too long for a narrative-driven story that is meant be to be replayed over and over to see the branching storylines but I can live with that since the reviews are glowing!

7. SG-17

Thats actually great for me. $40 seemed a little too high initially, but 12 hours with significantly branching storylines makes that $40 easier for me.

Though I'm sure if I waited 2 months it would go on sale fairly quickly... but I also want to show direct support for more Star Trek games.

BillJ likes this.
  8. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Their official Twitter site has said it is out May 23rd, and their update wsa 4hrs ago! Looking good.....

9. Haggis and tatties

Those reviews are weird and all over the place, that one site give it 8/10, the same score they gave Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Lol

BillJ likes this.
  10. SG-17

Different games and different genres have different expectations.

11. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Commodore Commodore

From IGN
    :rolleyes:

12. SG-17

13. Stargazer_101

Stargazer_101 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Guess I won't be getting it then (at least not for a while), since I prefer a physical copy, sorry. I only have three games (well, four, if you count The Disney Afternoon Collection, but that was only because I couldn't find the physical copy, and since I hardly ever play it anymore, I deleted it) that are on digital (Jedi: Fallen Order, Stray and Jurassic World: Evolution 2) and don't see that changing anytime soon. I'll wait for the physical, thank you very much. :(

14. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Unlikely I will get a physical PC copy.
    The PC download size is?

BillJ likes this.
  15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Says its out later today but there is nothing about it on the PS Store. Seems very suspicious.

16. SG-17

17. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It has a page, it's just not up for preorder.

KennyB likes this.
  18. Haggis and tatties

Knew it was going to be a frame rate mess, the specs they published screamed it, because if the recommended specs of a RTX20xx and I5 can't even be locked at 30fps, then console buyers better hope that the reason for that is that it was develped on console, and was then ported from console to pc, hence the frame issues, but if this was developed on PC, then ported to console, then may god have mercy on your consoles soul. Lol

On a positive though if you like the TT game series, then from what i have seen from a few videos now apoearing on YT with 20 plus minutes of gameplay, then you are going to like this, as it does play very much like a TT game.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  19. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was reading more PC reviews and unfortunately they did say that even on state of the art setups the game will stutter. Ugh. I was gonna buy the PC version but now I'm thinking of getting the PS4 version.

Amaris likes this.
  20. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some of these PC problems are overblown in my experience if you're not setting everything to super high resolution. Everyone was screaming in plak tow rage about Jedi Survivor on release date for PC, yet I had everything running just fine on 1280x720p with all other settings pushed to maximum. My rig isn't insane either, i9 processor, 64 GB RAM, 2060 Super RTX, and a HDD (yes not solid state) drive.