Star Trek: Renegades

I have just seen a 56 second preview of the Requiem (not yet released to the public). This has really changed how I was feeling about this new show. The music is excellent, the uniforms look much better onscreen then I thought they would and the visuals look even better than last time. Most of the scenes in this trailer are of an alien bar, with lots of great looking new alien costumes and I could not help notice a former terrorist who has had his tattoo surgically removed. ;)

str.png

If I have one concern it is with the Breen refrigeration suit which is such a great costume, but still easily recognizable as Star Trek. I think they should design a new suit for episode three.

For the first time I am now really looking forward to seeing the Requiem.

Last edited:
If I have one concern it is with the Breen refrigeration suit which is such a great costume, but still easily recognizable as Star Trek.
Considering Trek "borrowed" the Breen look from Star Wars in the first place, Renegades are probably in the clear to use it too.

Glad you like the trailer. It will be public at 12:00pm PST when we publicly launch the post production Indiegogo campaign (now open for previous Requiem donors). The interior Icarus scenes still have not been shot yet, that will be done in August.

Glad you like the trailer. It will be public at 12:00pm PST when we publicly launch the post production Indiegogo campaign (now open for previous Requiem donors). The interior Icarus scenes still have not been shot yet, that will be done in August.

I'm surprised how quick it was all done! You still filmed 2x45mn episodes bar 2 days work?

Looks cool. Glad the Icarus is unchanged, it's design vaguely echoes Voyager but is unique enough to work outside of the Trekverse. Those Notulan warbirds(?) look cool. The aliens in the bar are absolutely fantastic.

no question, the fact the show is meant to about non Star Fleet characters helps this production, so that does help with the characters and the ships.

Does make me wonder how much you would have to change an Enterprise or a Voyager, and change it before CBS/P can say its no longer a Starfleet ship.

This teaser takes the easy option copyright wise, and opts to tease a bar fight, no company can own a bar fight.

Last edited:
The Archer has been completely re-designed as well, can wait till we can show it off. :)

just realised something a mistake I made in my previous posts, its not just Federation ships that have to be changed, CBS/P owns the ship design of ships from the other aliens races as much as they do Federation ships.

just realised something a mistake I made in my previous posts, its not just Federation ships that have to be changed, CBS/P owns the ship design of ships from the other aliens races as much as they do Federation ships.

Yes that is correct. All ship designs will be unique in Renegades and you can see a little a little of in the teaser.

Yes that is correct. All ship designs will be unique in Renegades and you can see a little a little of in the teaser.
Nice teaser. So, am I correct in assuming the original script before filing off the numbers as were - thuis story had involved Romulans? (IMO some of the enemy ships do seem to have a 'D'deridex' style influece - they look good though :).)

The Archer has been completely re-designed as well, can wait till we can show it off. :)
that will be interesting to see, USS Archer did look pretty much like you would expect it to. Bridge of a galaxy star ship aside ;)

You cant do it now, but I would have been happy with them using a Prometheus class ship, for the USS Archer.

yes that giant ship between the Icarus, does look impressive.

Nice teaser. So, am I correct in assuming the original script before filing off the numbers as were - thuis story had involved Romulans? (IMO some of the enemy ships do seem to have a 'D'deridex' style influece - they look good though :).)

Yes, that originally was suppose to be a Romulan D'deridex Warbird. I suppose, in a way, it feels like a mirror universe. ;)

The Indiegogo pitch video is fascinating in that much of it was shot before the serial numbers were filed off - check out the blurred Trek insignia and ears on Tim Russ! I'm guessing the badges will be CG'd out, and maybe Russ' Vulcan ears will be modified in post-production as well?

The Indiegogo pitch video is fascinating in that much of it was shot before the serial numbers were filed off - check out the blurred Trek insignia and ears on Tim Russ! I'm guessing the badges will be CG'd out, and maybe Russ' Vulcan ears will be modified in post-production as well?
with all due respect, putting that video out was a mistake, the teaser we saw today was fine, and it looks like they know what they are producing, where as the pitch video, it looks confused, and then at the end that "trek yourself, before you wreck yourself" slogan, goes against the one message they are able to send out in that video "this isnt Star Trek anymore it was, but its not now"

Back