Star Trek Prodigy - New Mission Logs

Unless contradicted by real canon, they're the next best thing, considering the sources. So canon or not is not that relevant. I just wish they'd make them publicly available, or at least on multiple platforms.

So canon or not is not that relevant.
6diXtUv.gif

With Torres the project lead on the Dauntless, she may be one of the characters (from two different ST shows) to make an appearance in S2 pf Prodigy.

Does it matter? They work in the here and now, are likely written by the people who write the shows. If in a few years time an episode comes along contradicting it, why does it matter any more or less than when episodes contradict other episodes??
Exactly. They are written by Aaron Waltke, head writer of Prodigy and also the one who wrote Kobayashi and the upcoming episode "all the world is a stage". It is obviously relevant info for the background and story of Prodigy, even if TPTB later choose to contradict it (which they can do with actual episodes as well, with Discovery's Klingon design being ditched in LD, PIC and PRO as a recent example).

Does it matter? They work in the here and now, are likely written by the people who write the shows. If in a few years time an episode comes along contradicting it, why does it matter any more or less than when episodes contradict other episodes??

Call me crazy, but I enjoy consistency.
It matters in a sense that they provide interesting background info that fills in some information which was not mentioned in the on-screen dialogue and gives us a better overall context of the story being told.
If its not canon, then that kinda falls apart and you are back to square one in making up your own version of what happened, which isn't canon (obviously).
Does it matter in the grand scheme of real life? Of course not... but it matters for the story more than anything else.

Be nice if They would publish them on some other platforms so more folks could decide for themselves.

It matters in a sense that they provide interesting background info that fills in some information which was not mentioned in the on-screen dialogue and gives us a better overall context of the story being told.
If its not canon, then that kinda falls apart and you are back to square one in making up your own version of what happened, which isn't canon (obviously).
Does it matter in the grand scheme of real life? Of course not... but it matters for the story more than anything else.

The head writer of Prodigy (who also wrote the logs) said they are 100% consistent with the show and what’s to come.

That doesn’t have much to do with labeling it “canon”, which is a term reserved for the TV shows and movies. But these logs are “canon consistent” if that helps.

I enjoy consistency but canon is not consistent. So, if I have to make up my own stuff then so be it. Been doing that since TOS.

As of what right now, the logs provide that context. That context could change, canon or not. So I'll take it as it comes rather than putting a label of canon on it.

I enjoy consistency but canon is not consistent
Exactly. How does the classic Enterprise, it's uniforms, sets etc look in the era of "The Cage"? TOS and Short Treks/SNW give totally incompatible answers if you take a literal approach. But both are canon and referenced in current productions.

Exactly. How does the classic Enterprise, it's uniforms, sets etc look in the era of "The Cage"? TOS and Short Treks/SNW give totally incompatible answers if you take a literal approach. But both are canon and referenced in current productions.
How? Simple. It's not a strictly literal telling of what happened, any more than Lower Decks crew or Prodigy crew look animated. It's a dramatic retelling of things that happened in universe. The stories matter, the feelings of the crew matter, and the reaction of the audience matter, not the set dressing.

Very interesting! The comparison with the Zalkonians (TNG: Transfigurations, an S3 episode) is remarkable, but "John Doe" had "Jesus Christ" like powers and the Vau N'akat so far fall very short of that. Still, I guess that the Diviner, Gwyn and co may be capable of more than what we have seen so far (controlling their "heirlooms" and telepathically communicating between them).

I can't wait to see Janeway's face when she finally comes across those dangerous criminals:
-the leader Dal, who is probably some kind of Khan-like augmented evil mastermind (hey, he did trigger those warnings!) probably out to destroy the Federation or at least to take a personal revenge on Janeway
-the terrorist Zero, feared on innocent mining colonies, holodecks running peaceful landscape simulations, relay stations and Borg cubes alike
-the violent brute Rok-Tahk
-the vandal Jankom Pog with his "percussive maintenance"
-the sinister AI advising and helping them
-and their entirely defenceless hostage, the Diviner's daughter

Or is it not quite like that!? :angel:

Last edited:
Very interesting! The comparison with the Zalkonians (TNG: Transfigurations, an S3 episode) is remarkable, but "John Doe" had "Jesus Christ" like powers and the Vau N'akat so far fall very short of that. Still, I guess that the Diviner, Gwyn and co may be capable of more than what we have seen so far (controlling their "heirlooms" and telepathically communicating between them).

I can't wait to see Janeway's face when she finally comes across those dangerous criminals:
-the leader Dal, who is probably some kind of Khan-like augmented evil mastermind (hey, he did trigger those warnings!) probably out to destroy the Federation or at least to take a personal revenge on Janeway
-the terrorist Zero, feared on innocent mining colonies, holodecks running peaceful landscape simulations, relay stations and Borg cubes alike
-the violent brute Rok-Tahk
-the vandal Jankom Pog with his "percussive maintenance"
-and their entirely defenceless hostage, the Diviner's daughter

Or is not quite like that!? :angel:
Check your assumptions at the door, Admiral.

Back