"Star Trek: Picard" Scores at Saturn Awards!

So…. this seems to have become a charged thing — I adored Season 3 of Picard, it was just my style and preference of Trek, and because I’m huge fan of 12 Monkeys and appreciate the pacing and its one of the things I appreciate Terry and his team brought to season 3.
He did a good job.

Again, I just want to end to congratulate the crew for winning the awards.
Definitely.

I’m baffled at this constant call of cult of Terry-

Liking Terry Matalas doesn't get you into the Cult. Hell, by pretty much all accounts, he seems like a pretty good guy and a good showrunner.

The Cult of Matalas are the fans who are insistent on Terry taking over control of the franchise. That he somehow went around the backs of everyone else and made the only good season of nuTrek. They view him as the "anti-Kurtzman." They view the franchise as needing saving, and only his singular vision can save it. Everything else be damned.

That is the Cult of Terry.

Coming from a small fandom of 12 Monkeys, I’m baffled at this constant call of cult of Terry- but I guess things that work for a small fandom hit different for a bigger one.

Again, I just want to end to congratulate the crew for winning the awards.
Yes, this thread is supposed to be about how something nice happened to the makers of a show.
The made-up "CULT!!" nonsense stems from some people's odd obsession with what other people who aren't even here have said elsewhere, and that type of posting can simply be ignored, has no place here, doesn't move anything forward, and just tries to derail the topic.
All that happened is that PIC got these awards, and if anyone is not happy for them for whatever reason they don't have to be, but other people who are not obsessed with barely-on-topic stuff from outside can absolutely celebrate this achievement.
Remember when people posted in the Disco section how much they hated Disco, trying to derail threads by just filling them with negativity? Same thing all over again.

Liking Terry Matalas doesn't get you into the Cult. Hell, by pretty much all accounts, he seems like a pretty good guy and a good showrunner.

The Cult of Matalas are the fans who are insistent on Terry taking over control of the franchise. That he somehow went around the backs of everyone else and made the only good season of nuTrek. They view him as the "anti-Kurtzman." They view the franchise as needing saving, and only his singular vision can save it. Everything else be damned.

That is the Cult of Terry.

Yeah… damn. Good way to put it. Cults are wild.

PICARD season 3 has just scored another awards nomination... this time from the WGA

EPISODIC DRAMA

“Crown Jewels” (Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story), Written by Shonda Rhimes; Netflix

“Kill List” (Succession), Written by Jon Brown & Ted Cohen; HBO | Max

“The Last Generation” (Star Trek: Picard), Written by Terry Matalas; Paramount +

“Living+” (Succession), Written by Georgia Pritchett & Will Arbery; HBO | Max

“Our Black Shining Prince” (Godfather of Harlem), Written by Chris Brancato & Michael Panes; MGM+

“Sleep, Dearie Sleep” (The Crown), Written by Peter Morgan; Netflix

------------------------
early season DISCOVERY writers Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt have also been nominated in a children's writing category

Last edited:
PICARD season 3 has just scored another awards nomination... this time from the WGA

EPISODIC DRAMA
“The Last Generation” (Star Trek: Picard), Written by Terry Matalas; Paramount +

What? The Writers Guild? You mean Trek Terry has been recognized by his peers for the gobsmacking genius of Terry Trek? This is overwhelming.

3rG1s5t.jpeg

Thankfully my exposure to fandom is just here, where the Cult of Terry is more of a vocal minority than anything else.
That's all it is, anywhere. Even Twitter. Perhaps overrepresented in the hive of scum and villainy that is the Trekmovie comments section.

On the subject of awards, I notice that the Hugo nominating voters were less of a pushover for PIC III - but they're not really mass media awards in the way the Saturns are; there are categories for Best Dramatic Presentation, long and short form, but they don't break out into awards for performers, effects, etc. The Trek nominees there are, two SNW episodes, are up against strong competition. Could go to Loki if only because Trek and DW's fan votes will split between two episodes each.

Last edited:
Succession won the WGA award. Honestly, as it should have. But congrats to all of the nominees.

Back