Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. gvn2fly

gvn2fly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't Chabon say at one time he was writing two season 2 episodes. I wonder if the Confederation plot was initially going to be two episodes and had to be condensed ?

2. gweeps

gweeps Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If true, bad move on their part. Never has the past been more ho-hum in Trek than episodes 3-10 of Picard, season 2. I mean, the scenes with Q were excellent...

ThreeEdgedSword likes this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still what? Kirk feels like a jerk. I'm all for dynamic characters but oofff...that one is difficult to take.

4. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So today I was thinking of how a Q could actually die (other than Quinn from the VOY episode "Death Wish" wanting to die on purpose by turning human), since it had been established that the Q are immortal and I came up with a couple of ideas:

1) Somehow, the entire Q continuum became infected by some virus that can only infect super beings like them. As to how they contracted this virus? Only God knows how. Maybe they went exploring some alternate universe that had these kinds of viruses and they contracted it from there.

2) Speaking of God, maybe God himself decided, for whatever reason, that it was time for the Q continuum to die. Perhaps He thought they were getting too powerful or something.

5. gweeps

TMP? Only seen it once, probably 32 years ago.

6. gweeps

I really like the 2nd idea. Trek really hasn't explored what possibly happens after death. Even the Q don't seem to know.

I also wonder if there are alternate reality versions of Qs? We saw de Lancie's Q call himself as an expert witness in VOY's 'Death Wish'.

My theory is Q de Lancie and his son being numan for a while exposed them to some kind of virus that wasn't detected soon enough.

Also, I wonder, maybe Q de Lancie was asked to leave the Continuum when they realized he was sick and potentially dying? Or maybe it happened while he was gallivanting someplace and he couldn't get back home?

And since the Q we know best was the one mostly interacting with the Federation, or humans in general, I'm guessing that's why, as per the Season 4 reference in Discovery, no one had heard from the Continuum in 600 years.

The Rock likes this.
  7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Q could also kill other Q

Richard S. Ta and The Rock like this.
  8. gweeps

Yeah. I don't think we ever saw it though, not even in VOY's 'The Q and the Grey'.

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

TrekMovie is claiming Matalas is the only showrunner for Season 3. Akiva isn't co-showrunner.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  10. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jurati was brought on as an expert to help with Soji in S1. She was also useful in a Borg storyline for ovvious reasons. Depending in where Oucard goes next year, she might not have a place in the story. So turning her into the (semi) benevolent Borg Queen makes a lot of sense. It wraps uo her storyline rather than keaving it dangling. Pill is awesome, but the arc is over.

Soji had nothing to do this year and has her own adventures as a diplomat for the AIs. The writers had to get creative to give Isa something to do this season. At least Kore is wrapped up.

As for Rios, this was always the plan with him. He was always a man out of time (his fondness for records, and 20th century stuff) and was mostly miserable. He gets a happy ending.

Elnor is a cadet and has StarFleet things to do. Glad he is alive.

Sad to see them go, but I get it. The show is called Picard. He is the center. Picard/Data was the center for S1. Picard/Q the center for S2. With a healthy dose of the Borg (Hugh, Seven, Locutus, etc) thrown in. Everything else is window dressing. Seven, Raffi, Rios, Jurati, Elnor, Guinan, Riker, Troi.

Frankly, it is amazing we have spent this long wothout Beverly coming in. In a Picard show, she has to appear.

11. gweeps

Good. Even though I liked A Time to Kill, A Beautiful Mind, and Cinderella Man, Goldsman also did Schumacher's Batrmans and that awful version of King's The Dark Tower. Oh, and Winter's Tale and The Client were messes, too.

12. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly.

13. gweeps

So, Season 3 will probably be Picard & Beverly?

Reanok likes this.
  14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It's a ten part comedy of errors when Bev thinks Jean-Luc is marrying her, but is actually marrying Laris,

15. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Let’s not forget that John de Lancie mentioned that they shot some season 3 scenes while they were still shooting season 2. Orla Brady might therefore have exited after season 2, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t shoot a few Laris scenes for the first episode of season 3.

She did say on The Ready Room that it isn’t clear whether Laris is going to really go along with Jean-Luc’s “second chances” idea and that they kept it ambiguous and that “we will see”, so, unless they just drop her with a line from Jean-Luc that goes like “eh she left”, all this might still be a case of “Laris stays behind at Château Picard while Jean-Luc goes on one last adventure with his old friends”.

16. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 3 episode 10: "Picard meets the Koala"

17. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Chabon's said in a February 2020 interview he wrote two scripts for this season, and the partial story credit on Episode 2 is all that survived. I think it's clear they tossed most of his vision - probably most of the pre-Covid scrips.

18. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd also say one of the big issues of this season is a lot of the characters created for purposeful roles in season 1 had no real story role in season 2, and were either given bullshit side plots that went nowhere, or new characters just to keep the actors involved. I'd rather have people written out than see that happen again.

19. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the conduit at the end of S2 plays a part in PIC S3, it would be weird if Jurati/BQ is not involved...
    But there have been hints at a PRO connection, so maybe Alison Pill is hopping over to PRO...? I cannot really imagine that either though... Interesting times to say the least..!

20. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

They don’t need Pil now. With that mask, anyone could play the Queen.