Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x08 - "Broken Pieces"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by pst, Mar 5, 2020.

?

Rate Episode 1x08 "Broken Pieces"

1. 10 - Fenris Rangers

57 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. 9

93 vote(s)
    39.6%
  3. 8

48 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. 7

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. 5

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. 1 - Power Rangers

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One and a half century...

SJGardner and ITDUDE like this.
  2. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I think she was trying to purge her tracker components. They made a pretty big deal about her eating the blue tracker thingy that Oh gave her.

ITDUDE, Gonzo and SJGardner like this.
  3. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Due to the Red Angel situation, Control existed at various points in Galactic history; and it was even stated in ST: D that Control could have hidden parts of itself and could re-emerge. Yes, Burham and Co. took the Sphere data that Control was after to the 33rd century - but that doesn't mean Control was completely destroyed (if they could have confirmed that, they would have no reason to take the Sphere data to where Control would never get it.)

So, yeah, somehow the Vulcans (before Surak's time and the Vulcan/Romulan 'split') found out about the possibility that Control would end all life at some future point, and created the Zaht Vash to see that Synthetic Life would never exist <--- And that's why we have BOTH Vulcans and Romulans working together in STP to stop what they see as an abomination, and something that will lead to the end of all life in the Galaxy.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  4. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

This was discussed a while back when we found out the basic reason for the Zhat Vash hatred of all things synthetic.

Its a possibility as long as Burnham has that suit, having someone go back in time and tell them about it.

Could be Burnham, alternatively her mother may have already done it.

I would prefer it if it was nothing to do with it though.

ITDUDE likes this.
  5. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if the Borg are actually reactivated, or if the xBs -- in response to Hugh's and their colleagues' deaths -- reactivate the ship on their own. From the scene at 0:17, it looks like a swarm of Zombies -- can't tell if these are xBs or Romulans. But if it's the former, it could be them overwhelming the guards.

Lord Garth likes this.
  6. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure those are the "disordered" xB Romulans.

7. Bollie74

Bollie74 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Was she killing herself or doing what needed to be done to disable the tracker? She may have been interested in both, but I think the motivation was to help Rios and Raffi get away from Narek the Neck Beard.

Gonzo likes this.
  8. Bollie74

Bollie74 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If that is correct, ironic they used something they hate to hurt their own people's opportunity to get out of the Nova's blast radius...

Gonzo likes this.
  9. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

I'm continually amazed by others' ability to connect the dots whereas I see nothing. I do not mean that in a derogatory way at all, I am just commenting on my own inability to do the same. I got none of the same conclusions spoken of in this thread by watching the trailer; apparently I have zero insight or imagination. Looking forward to next weeks episode though.

Oz Trekkie and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sometimes there are dots to connect. Sometimes there aren't but people still connect them.

TPezz, Gepard, Masiral and 3 others like this.
  11. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Yes indeed but it is classic zealot behavior, which is why I find it odd as the Commodore doesn't strike me as a zealot at all, it could have been done so that they can take advantage of the power vacuum resulting from so many Romulans dying and the break up of the Empire.

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

It was the only way to disable the tracker, she knew it was dangerous to her health and did it anyway.

Especially after the deserved guilt trip Rios had just put her through, he doesn't realise she is the mole, he thinks it is Raffi as shown by his comments when he returns to the helm.

He would not have left her if he had known, he went back to the helm to keep an eye on Raffi.

13. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That the Mars attack happened on First Contact Day - when most workers were on holiday - suggests Zhat Vash or their Federation collaborators did want to keep casualties to a minimum.

14. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

100,000 dead is still inexcusable.

SolarisOne, Gonzo, DaveyNY and 3 others like this.
  15. Llywela

Llywela Commander Red Shirt

He actually went back to the helm because Raffi was calling, the conversation with Agnes wasn't finished but Raffi was shouting that the tail was back again. But I can see why he might suspect Raffi - it isn't that he thinks she has knowingly betrayed them, he thinks the Romulans got to her on Freecloud without her knowing. And as she was the only one who went off-ship at Freecloud whose time there is unaccounted for, and quite likely returned to the ship drunk, it probably seems a fairly logical leap from the clues he has available. Agnes's distress can be explained as grief over Maddox and her time is fully accounted for since coming aboard, so I can see why he'd be confused and might struggle to put all the pieces together until he has more information.

Gonzo likes this.
  16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

We don't know if Oh is member. Rissa just called her an ally.

17. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Oh's the one showing visions which involve her being in a secret circle, and putting tracking devices into people for the RomuTwins to take advantage of.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Even if by some miracle she isn't one herself she knows far too much to just be an ally.

It is possible she could be playing both sides and is not quite the enemy she appears to be.

She already knew where Soji was so why give Jurati the info dump and task her in killing Maddox who is irrelevant now anyway, does she want Picard to find out indirectly even though it will endanger her own position.

For something so secret the Zhat Vash aren't shy at spreading it around.

Exactly who is she working for and what are her real goals.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If there's a schism between Oh and the RomuTwins, it's probably that she's on the Vulcan end of the Zhat Vash and they're on the Romulan/Tal Shiar end. Assuming that the Zhat Vash does date back to before the Vulcan/Romulan separation as they've implied.

20. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am VERY interested in seeing more of that white-ish collored robot that flashed real quick in the beginning of the promo.