Star Trek: Picard’ Season 3 To Have Female Khan-Level Villain---But Who?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Cpt. MAGA Man, Jul 26, 2022.

1. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It has to be, and it's quite possible Sela had a daughter who will lead Picard to her.

WarpTenLizard likes this.
  2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When it comes to the main Villian for season 3 they're keeping it vague right now ..I'm curious how things with the story for the characters and what happens in the new Picard Comics miniseries coming out in a few weeks and what hints we'll get storyarcs for the characters in season 3.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  3. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to say this makes total sense. "The villain isn't Sela -- it's her daughter!". They'll bring back Denise Crosby to reprise the role, and her daughter will be the actress they've been discussing. So, who is a popular, late 20s star that hasn't appeared in Trek?

4. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

What if everything they said is a lie and the villain is Pulaski?

5. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

It’s Mott the barber’s sister, obviously. Picard knows what he did to deserve it. :shifty:

WarpTenLizard, Ar-Pharazon and Danja like this.
  6. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be an absolutely fabulous choice...

I'd still say Etana from "The Game", who has been seeking revenge after her plot to foil the flagship by getting Riker addicted to something and then he spreads it around, and is thwarted by one boy and his droid...

7. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Ro absconded the Federation, initially citing ambivalence and regret as I recall... and that personal connection to him is strong...

But Shelby had little screen time and there's a greater field of opportunity. But it'd be easier to wiggle either of them in as a returning villain capable of one-upping them all, not unlike how Khan had. And for either, they don't need to conveniently get them in front of a computer to read up on technical manuals before overtaking the ship, moohahaha... And for all we know, an offscreen event could still set the stage.

Pulaski would be 90, younger than Admiral McCoy was at the start of TNG and McCoy didn't need a walking frame of handfuls of vitamins every day... but how to make her a convincing villain? I don't recall anything having been said about her departure, either in s2's finale or s3's opener... so it's possible... but would it be epic and exciting? Unless, she is the shiny new Borg queen...

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Were the secret baddie a male character I'd still lean towards the return of Tomalak since, hey, you'd have the whole "Romulus was destroyed and you didn't do enough to help save it" angle for him to play off of in his mission of retribution against Picard and his officers. It'd be like a replay of Nero and Spock Prime only this time the feud would remain confined to this timeline and reality.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  9. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tomalak would be interesting, but they'd need a recast since Andreas Katsulas passed away over 16 years ago. But you could get the same plot with Sela....

TedShatner10 likes this.
  10. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Trek's expert at that and while the original actor is still alive. Paging Bruce Maddox! Bruce Maddox, pick up at the white courtesy phone!

TedShatner10 likes this.
  11. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is one character in The Next Generation that would have a grudges against Picard. He is connected to Tasha Yar. Some fans are speculating that after Armus had kill Tasha and Picard had left Vagra 2, that he'd created a female version of himself with the memories of Tasha Yar, but just as evil as himself.

I'm making a guess. I could be wrong. But, I'm guessing that the female villain is going to be played by either Amanda Schull or Abigail Hardingham. or Barbara Sukowa.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  12. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Unpopular opinion, I think Picard in S1 and S2 had more functional, believable villains than the villains in GEN, INS, and NEM so far.

13. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

Matalas has said that the villain would be played by someone "everyone knows, but who's never done Trek".

Who's better known for doing comedy? :shifty:

They've just brought in Carol Kane (The Princess Bride, Scrooged, Taxi) to be SNW's new Chief Engineer. Julia Louis-Dreyfus just did a dramatic role in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (her character recruited John Walker to be U. S. Agent). Kristen Wiig played Cheetah in Wonder Woman `84.

Who's the absolute LAST person you can imagine doing a dramatic role?

Ana Gasteyer?
    Maya Rudolph?
    Peri Gilpin?
    Joanna Lumley?
    Jane Leeves?
    Shelley Long?
    Jennifer Saunders?
    Joan Cusack?
    Mila Kunis?
    Laura Prepon?

If TPTB are trying to steer clear of someone doing a scenery-chewing OTT Benedict Cumberbatch impression, then casting someone who's mostly done comedy may well be a fresh approach to the part.

If the franchise is willing to think outside the box, then perhaps we should do likewise.

Diana Muldaur is in her eighties now. I doubt she could handle the latex.

It's tough enough for a younger actor like Krige or Wersching.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  14. Sisko_is_my_captain

Sisko_is_my_captain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Evil mirror-verse Lesley Crusher, played by Wil Wheaton in drag. You heard it here first.

Commander Troi, JRob94 and Danja like this.
  15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lobster Picard. If you know, you know. If you don't, you will soon.

16. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I thought the trailer was pretty tame.

Danja likes this.
  17. Kahloke

Kahloke Lieutenant Red Shirt

My ten bucks says Crusher is the villain.

18. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

McFadden has done Trek.

It's not her.

19. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jack Crusher isn't dead, and he's out for revenge!

But he's also had a sex change, because female adversary. Jill Crusher is coming to kill Picard!

Danja likes this.