Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

You're early, the new DR missions are only released on October 14.

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

yeah, not out for another couple weeks. AND you'll likely need to be level 50 to play, level 30 won't get it done.

Fortunately, it only takes a short time to level up, so you can easily be there before the new missions go live.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Ah ok! They must have just been advertising it and everything will actually come out on 10/14. My bad. Ok I got all wacky over nothing. Thanks so much!

I recently left my job so I have lots of time now, so I probably WILL actually level up enough by then haha. I'll just play once it comes out and I'm level 50.

Sorry to bother you all! I thought it had come out and I was just missing it! I got much too excited when it said join forces with the Voyager crew LOL. :lol:

I have to admit, I kind of DO want the ship they are making of the Intrepid-class that has a similar interior of Voyager though. And you are going to finally be allowed to name it Voyager. Sigh. I might actually have to buy that.

I already made my own Seven of Nine character (bought the items) a while back. I just bought the Seven of Nine items separately and bought the Borg implants, etc and just made her myself. :p Saw they are releasing the Talaxian uniform with the game pack (and I guess separately in the shop too) but doesn't look like they will be releasing anything else available for me to make a Neelix haha.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  4. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I'm currently saving up dilithium for a multi-mission vessel. (Yes, I was still going back and forth between the Advanced Research Vessel/Megellan and the MMV's, but the MMV's do have dual cannons, a quicker turn rate, albeit a lower hull resistance).

I guess this will be the judging point on whether or not my tentative ship can take on anything. ;)

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On Tribble, the Multi-Mission just got a buff. From the patch notes:

6. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

I also noticed in the patch notes this

So the aquarius is going to become almost a fed version of a bird of prey, I have the basic aquarius on Teal and am looking forward to these changes.
    When delta rising launches will these changes be made automatically to the ship or will i have to buy and upgrade module/purchase a new version of the ship from the ship vendor?

7. Joel_Kirk

Vendikarr and pteal, that's good news to this potential buyer. ;)

8. pteal1979

The guardian is now showing in the ship selectors on tribble, and there is an option 2 skin which looses the mini nacelles and looks rather awesome. sold! :D

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Still not, sold. Have to see a kitbash of the 2 types. But looking at the 3D vesion from all angles the smallish saucer does not look right proportionally.
    A bigger round saucer might do the trick.

It just looks unfinished to me.

10. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To add for Queen Arachnia's benefit, one doesn't need to buy the pack wholesale as well. A player can always get the ships piece by piece, which is much cheaper tan the total $124.99, though the ships will be more expensive individually (probably at least $30 if not more, which is still... yikes).

If I had money, I'd get a Rom ship and maybe the Guardian separately. But even if I did have money to spend, the majority of the ships just don't appeal to me in any way, so that $124.99 would be a waste nonetheless. Thankfully, we can take any old ship to play the new missions.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Sigh, not liking some of the changes to the que system, like the reduced dilithium rewards and making the accolades elite only.

12. intrinsical

Especially if rumors from Tribble are true... the NPCs in Advanced queues have 5 times as many hitpoints than the current Elite queue NPCs. Although I suspect its because they were under-60s fighting against level 60+ NPCs, so some kind of damage reduction was taking place.

13. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I'm really curious to see what kind of dilithium is awarded once you max out your captain specialties. Supposedly that happens.

14. pteal1979

I was thinking about the new upgrade system and about fleet consoles, and the cheapest way to obtain them, this is what I've found;

Current Console Costs From Fleet Holdings:
    Mk X consoles costs 12,500 credits and 2,125 dil
    MK XI consoles costs 25,000 credits and 4,250 dil
    Mk XII consoles costs 50,000 credits and 8,500 dil

Upgrade System cost for each level:
    X -> XI 14,040 tech points
    XI -> XII 17,550 tech points
    XII-> XIII 23,400 tech points

Now using Superior Upgrades (12,800 tech points) we can go from
    Mk X to XI with 2 superior upgrade and 2,150 dil with 11,560 tech point overflowing to the next level
    Mk XI to XII with an additional 1 superior upgrades and 1,075 dil with 6,810 tech points overflowing to the next level
    Mk XII to XIII with an additional 2 superior upgrades and 2,150 dil

so overall to get to MK XII from Mk X will require 3 Superior Tech Upgrades and 3,225 dil. So you can get the top tier fleet console Mk XII for 12,500 credits and 5,350 dilithium.
    This is assuming you can craft the superior tech upgrades or have the spare EC to buy them from the exchange.

Even the XIII consoles upgraded from a MK X will be cheaper dilithium wise, compared to buying a MK XII. This is because the cost of upgrades and purchase of the original MK X console, it will only cost you 7,500 dilithium to make MK XIII.

Not sure about the rest of you but i will only both buying the Mk X consoles from now on, and upgrading them

15. intrinsical

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhNXskwEw9o[/yt]
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

16. Joel_Kirk

I got tired of looking at my recon sci vessel, so I changed to my retrofitted support cruiser. (And deleted my 'other' support cruiser). It's more suited for Engineers, I think....but at least it somewhat has the look I want out of a starship.

I'm still grinding for my Multi-Mission Vessel, but I still don't entirely like the look of that particular vessel either! :lol:

I need a Tier 5 Constitution-class retrofit....then I'll be happy.;)

17. Cyke101

18. Joel_Kirk

Something I recently realized:
    You know you play Star Trek Online too much when you're wearing your one-strap backpack the way your toon wears her current weapon. (And your looking at the goings on the way toons look at their surroundings in the game). :lol:

19. Cyke101

In undergrad, I would wear my one-strap satchel with the sash going from right shoulder to left waist, exactly how Worf wore his sash.

But then that gave me posture problems, so I switched back to a two-strapped book bag :)

20. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

For me, it will be Wednesday and I'll be travelling. I look forward to playing the game a week later.

Got beams to level 15 today on one character and shall be on another by Monday. Started the process of upgrading my weapons on two of my main characters. Gonna take lots of grinding, but my DPS should be around 10k on my dreadnought before I go to Melbourne in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.