Star Trek Novels in Germany

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by StefanM, Jun 24, 2018.

1. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain Hernandez nips!

4. Jinn

Two new SCE print collections are being worked on!

Presumably the first one will include the Foundations trilgy, and the second one Enigma Ship, the War Stories duolgy and the Wildfire duology. That would leave a third compilation with already translated stories.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    StefanM and Avro Arrow like this.
  5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Sce Books are really interesting stories. I have a few books with the Sce stories with the ds9 characters in them. I've read them and like those stories.I like the one with Doctor Bashir was in it with Dr. Lenz.

6. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

As to Star Trek Picard: in Germany Second Self is now planned for March next year. Rogue Elements with Rios will be next. German title: Schwarze Schafe (literally black sheep, but I guess it's more the rogue part that mattered in the choice of the German title).

Avro Arrow likes this.
  7. Kilana2

Cross Cult has started a 300 likes contest on Facebook: they want to get the A time to..... series.

As I'm not on Facebook I can't vote..... I'm afraid votes on BBS don't count. I hope they'll create new covers for the books. It's a series I would definitely read again in German.

StefanM and Jinn like this.
  8. Jinn

Now that you mention it, I think I will only buy them if they make new covers :D

Kilana2 likes this.
  9. Kilana2

That's what I just told @David Mack in the Q & A thread. But even if they use the original covers: my edition is too worn and used. Maybe I'll get rid of the englisch ones later on - just to clear my shelf a bit. New books look better on it....:D

Jinn likes this.
  10. Jinn

I'd probably just get the English eBook. Although I may not get the choice, since the post only got to 241 and was posted over a day ago, so chances seem slim.

11. Kilana2

248 now :D. It could have reached 300 by now if they'd announced a novel where Brian Brophy returns....:D

StefanM and Jinn like this.
  12. StefanM

StefanM Commander Red Shirt

279!
    The 300 will be reached tomorrow for sure.
    But I'm sure, we will get "A time to..." anyway. There are not that many untranslated Star Trek novels, that Cross Cult could publish in Germany. So that's the most logical choice. Maybe The Lost Era is next.

BTW: There is a new Facebook group for Star Trek Novels in Germany:
    Star Trek Bücherecke | Facebook
    Something for you @Jinn ?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Kilana2 likes this.
  13. StefanM

StefanM Commander Red Shirt

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    Avro Arrow and Kilana2 like this.
  14. Jinn

I'll look into that, thanks!

Wow, that does surprise me! Although apparently there was a bit of, let's say divine intervention :D Quite fitting for First Contact Day!

15. Kilana2

Well, do you think Q had his fingers in it? Oh, you said divine intervention, not omnipotent intervention. And currently Q

doesn't seem to be all that omnipotent.

Jinn likes this.
  16. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I like to try to use my powers for good when I can. ;)

Kilana2 and Jinn like this.
  17. Kilana2

Cross Cult has announced another Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. A Time to Celebrate...

Last time everybody was that excited was when they announced the translation of the Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan novels....

[​IMG]

StefanM likes this.
  18. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder what the background actors thought in that scene, what kind of show they're on :D

Kilana2 likes this.
  19. Kilana2

Another yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah announcement: Harm's Way is going to find its way onto German book shelves....

20. Jinn

The first "A Time to" novel is now listed on startrekromane.de, and its name is "Zeit das Wandels - Geburt", which translates to "Time of Change - Birth". I'm assuming that "Zeit des Wandels" is going to be the German translation of "A Time to", and then the individual novels will just be called "Birth", "Death etc, but in German (obviously). I really hope we're gonna get a new set of covers here. The "A Time to" covers were always some of my least favourites. The book is also planned for April 2023, so if we get monthly releases next year, the series would be complete by December. If that is the case (and so far it is purely speculation on my part), I wonder what that means for original releases in 2023, as I'd assume Cross Cult would want to put them out at the same time as the originals, when possible.

Anyway, I can't wait to finally read those books!

StefanM, Kilana2 and Avro Arrow like this.