Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 2x01 - "Strange Energies"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by Commander Richard, Aug 11, 2021.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - An excellent season premiere.

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1 - A terrible season premiere.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Vice Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)

:biggrin:

jackoverfull likes this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Brief research indicates the phrase refers to a sailor or a Marine who has been at sea too long. Also, a cocktail.

jackoverfull likes this.
  3. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Commodore Commodore

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
  5. Vulture

Vulture Lieutenant Red Shirt

I laugh the most when Mariner kicks him in the family jewels each time he ticks out.

KimMH likes this.
  6. JamesBondJR

JamesBondJR Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I realize this episode has been out for a while, but as they say, better late than never. Anyway, after scimming through this thread I was shocked to see that in 18 pages, Stevens is only mentioned one time(!). Personally I found him to be one of the real high lights. Loved every second he was on the screen. Hope to see more of him =]

The general pace, story and humor were flawlessly executed, both in picture and voice acting. Only exception - although I'm aware this might be bordeline nitpicking - being a couple of the Tendi and Rutherford scenes, feeling somewhat lackluster in certain aspects, especially compared to the rest of the action.

All in all a great opening for batch two, leaving me with cheerful optimism for what the rest of the season might have in store for us.