Star Trek Halloween episodes?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Salinga, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if they keep on avoiding that scene on TV, you can see it via internet. It feels more like Mars Attacks. Though I don't have to laugh and I never enjoyed Mars Attacks....

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

VOY's Night is fairly creepy, because of the all darkness.

3. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

I prefer a creepy spooky Disneyish Halloween to a hacker slasher blood and guts Halloween.

No, I haven't seen the films mentioned, but neither to I find "Conspiracy" all that disturbing.

4. LadyT'Anna

LadyT'Anna Commander Red Shirt

"Vox Sola" (ENT) is truly creepy.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember years ago the Space channel in Canada actually did select "scary" episodes of its syndicated shows to show on Halloween. For the Star Treks the selection went:

TOS Catspaw
    TNG Sub Rosa
    DS9 The Muse
    VOY Barge of the Dead

Since this was before Enterprise went into syndication (and while the show was only airing its second season) it obviously wasn't represented here.

6. Curios_Gelatin

Curios_Gelatin Lieutenant Red Shirt

The Original Series episode 'The Man Trap' has always given me the old horror movie vibes. :)

7. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed on TNG's "Phantasms" and Voyager's "Persistence of Vision"; the series's "Night Terrors" and "Cold Fire" were also pretty enjoyable.

8. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

"Schisms" (TNG) and "Scientific Method" (VOY).

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Ooh, good one!

I'm not ashamed to admit that the Salt Vampire scared me as a kid.

10. Curios_Gelatin

Curios_Gelatin Lieutenant Red Shirt

Haha, I only watched it for the first time a couple of years ago and it was still pretty scary to me! Another one I've found gave me the chills was 'The Doomsday Machine'.

I've read the concept artist was upset they completely changed the design of the machine from this death machine armed to the teeth with every kind of weapon to this... weird looking lump of rock, but I thought that just made it look even more alien and out of this world. It was unnerving to look at. :)

11. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

No one has mentioned The Assignment? Definitely the best episode with Rosiland Chao.

12. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9's Empok Nor is pretty creepy.

13. LadyT'Anna

LadyT'Anna Commander Red Shirt

I"d say that for every mirror episode in TOS, DS9, and Enterprise. I'm old-fashioned enough to want my heroes to stay good and stay put. :)

Happy Halloween to all who celebrate it!

14. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With Halloween coming up I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the dead :D (if that is allowed).

Some of the episodes listed previously are good choices and there were a few I hadn't thought of previously (like the Man Trap).

But I have one for each series (except for Discovery as I have not seen it yet--waiting for the Blu-Ray).

Enterprise: "Impulse"--that one was pretty easy with the zombie like Vulcans.

Star Trek: "Catspaw"--again another easy episode, also incidentally one of the only Star Trek episodes of any series to be holiday themed on purpose

TNG: "Night Terrors" the scene where Crusher is in the 'morgue' and all the bodies sit up was classic ;)

DS9: "Empok Nor". The combination of hostile Cardassians, the hunting of O'Brien by Garak and the dark lighting all add to a creepy feeling on the station

Voyager: "The Haunting of Deck 12" is an obvious one. This year I went down a different track though and went with "The Thaw" because of it's focus on fear, and clowns are always creepy...right

As for the movies, there weren't any really scary movies. First Contact is the best I could come up with because the Borg were always a little creepy and with the make up and filming effects in the film they managed to make the Borg in the film look even more sinister.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  15. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

It is not.

Please read the posting rules linked at the top of this forum. You can link to this thread if that’s necessary, and start a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.