• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Star Trek: Generations at 30

Kirk's Ghost: "So, Picard, did you follow my advice and not let them promote or transfer you?"
Picard: "Funny story...."
Kirk's Ghost: [*Pinches bridge of nose and sighs loudly*]
Kirk's Ghost (looking upward): Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here.
 
Aside from the Phantom Menace, this remains the most disappointed I've ever been coming out of a cinema. But they same time heals all wounds and on the rare occasions when I watch this, I can't hate it anymore. It's charming, like a threadbare old teddy.
 
I do appreciate Kirk dressing down Picard over the whole duty and obligation thing. Only James T. Kirk could put Picard in his place and render the latter speechless.

I thought I am/was older than you, came long before you (OK) felt pretty flat, weird but standard reply though I guess it was delivered about as well as it could be.
 
And he did it with a small handheld, wrench-like tool! In modern Trek that's a "push this button" kind of thing.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top