Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 3x10 - "Terra Firma, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Dec 16, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 -Excellent!

21.0%
  2. 9

21.4%
  3. 8

24.8%
  4. 7

15.2%
  5. 6

3.8%
  6. 5

4.3%
  7. 4

2.4%
  8. 3

2.4%
  9. 2

1.9%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

2.9%
  1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The newspaper this episode said something about an Andorian famine.

No one said anything about being ‘aligned’ just closer together. She was fine in the prime 23rd century.

2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, nobody. Just the GoF himself. :nyah:

[​IMG]

nightwind1 likes this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oops :p

But still

4. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

It was both a test and the creation of an alternate timeline.

Here is the dialog from the episode:
    PG: No. I won't return to Terra.
    GoF: Oh, come on, no one said anything about sending you back there. I'm gonna send you back to a time when the mirror universe and the prime universe were still aligned. That's so you won't fall apart. Atomically speaking.

nightwind1, SolarisOne, Campe and 4 others like this.
  5. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which could be anywhere up until the 27th century. That's when Kovich said the last crossover occurred.

6. NCC-73515

So "aligned" doesn't mean "before they went different ways"? "still aligned" sounds like "not yet separate" to me.

7. Agony_Boothb

Aligned means when the two universes were physically close enough that people crossing between them didn't discorporate. If aligned meant before the two universes diverged culturally, then Georgiou would be going back to ancient rome. We know from DS9 that the universes were still close together in the 24th century, and Kovich states the universes were still close enough by 2789.

Phaser Two and SJGardner like this.
  8. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gave it a 10. Loved it.
    And finally I actually like Georgiou.
    Hope we get some follow up of where exactly she went to.

SJGardner, fireproof78 and Lord Garth like this.
  9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just finished this episode. I have no idea why RMB was crapping in everyone's corn flakes here. It wasn't like Scott Baio was playing the Guardian of Forever in a Batman outfit and having an S&M orgy with with Georgiou, Lorca, Pike, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer set to Michael Bolton music.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Phaser Two, Sci, Jaster and 11 others like this.
  10. Agony_Boothb

For what it's worth RMB appears to have deleted his twitter account.

SolarisOne and Lord Garth like this.
  11. NCC-73515

Yes, Georgiou was good in these 2 episodes - just when she's leaving, she becomes interesting!
    I guess RMB hasn't seen how accurate the portal looks. His rant was 2-3 weeks ago, right? Maybe he saw preliminary effects and thought that's the final version, or maybe he just saw the guy and was told that's how the GoF looks now, and that he only makes bad jokes XD

Uhura's Song likes this.
  12. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've given the first part a 5, because I detest the Mirror Universe, but I've given this one a 7.

I personally won't miss the Georgiou, but this story was apparently needed to inform viewers she's no Space Hitler anymore. Fine.

The GoF reveal was nice.

Phaser Two, lawman and RapidNadion like this.
  13. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

14. Muji

Muji Commander Red Shirt

But you care enough to come on and share your opinion, based on the ignorance of not actually having watched it all, with the forum. Wonderful. Is there an ignore function so I don’t have to waste my time reading any more posts like this? Edit: Yep, found it.

Well, I’m not surprised. After the childish hissy-fit on twitter and it turning out to not break canon at all, I suspect he had a lot of blow back. Ah well, I’m sure he will be back-slapped by his friends Doomcock and Mecharandom.

Sparky likes this.
  15. NCC-73515

RMB doesn't like that the new GoF is very different from the one we knew. The TOS GoF was limited, could only answer questions, was built to offer the past only one way. The Disco GoF now knows what you want before you even know what to ask, makes jokes, smokes cigars, and is much more human-like and less like a machine. No longer sci-fi, but fantasy.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  16. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the term coalition was a reference taken from the novels. There that was the precursor to the Federation. An alliance between the five powers before they joined completely to become the Federation.

Phaser Two likes this.
  17. Agony_Boothb

Yeah because a talking, billions of years old, gloryhole through time is so close to scientific actuality.

Sci, Shamrock Holmes, 777 and 12 others like this.
  18. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Guardian of Forever will send Georgiou to the end of the 24th century to have fun S31 escapades in Star Trek: Section 31 which will eventually cross over with Star Trek: Picard

Charles Phipps and DarKush like this.
  19. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Before I started watching, I was praying almost that Lorca would appear, but after it was over, I was actually kind of glad it didn't happen... It was really a story about Georgiou and her change, and that was executed perfectly.

I am also so, so glad RDM made such an ass of himself, and has -probably unwantingly- exposed the Fandom Menace for being biased as hell. This episode was made all the better by the inclusion of the Guardian of Forever.... and I think deep down he knows it.

This two-parter was a highlight of the season for me, even though I've never liked the MU that much...

20. NCC-73515

That's how it was called in ENT as well