Star Trek Continues - To Boldly Go (Parts I & II)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Firebird, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

[youtube] [/youtube]

Absolutely!! Vic would be amazing at the role. He's already as real a Kirk to me as Shatner, and much moreso then Pine. I've always wanted an actual series on the TMP style Enterprise. There was so much work put into those designs and we barely see them. A few movies does not do that ship or style justice. I always wanted that, much more so then "finishing the mission."

I've never seen those pictures before, just the video. Thanks for sharing. The STC crew looks fantastic in the monster maroons, and the TMP tunics have never looked better. That is awesome...

Thank you for the elaborations on my points. You (and Maurice) absolutely nailed everything I was getting at. There were some serious hurt feelings of disrespect with the Mindsifter debacle, for sure, but Origins was definitely the biggest waste of the bunch. Ironically, it may have been what unintentionally launched STC. ;)

I had no idea they had done that to Exeter. Very ironic, considering their anger at people jumping ship to STC. Didn't realize they had changed the goal of their engine room, either, but it makes sense, considering STC was already building theirs.

NV/P2 were perfectionists in some cases, and completely destroying canon in others. Did they want to be an alternate timeline split into a Phase II with Xon and Spock and new engines on the TOS E and a grown Peter Kirk and an insanely late birth of David Marcus, or a bridge into the movies and future shows? It never seemed sure of its identity, and then got caught up in wanting to be perfectionists / compete with the new show and ended up completely combusting along the way. The Buck Rogers thing was a huge loss. They over-reached and failed, which was fine when it was on their own dime, but becomes an irritant after years of kickstarters and promises. The retconning of history to blame it on the guidelines is misdirection at best.

Anyways, whatever happens at this point, I'm glad we have gotten what we did from STC, and wish them all nothing but the best, but am definitely holding out hope for a movie era series at some point. If anyone has proven that they have the talent, ambition and patience to get something done, its STC.

Kor and Danlav05 like this.
  2. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

Sorry I am a little slow on the uptake what thread was this back story revealed in ?

3. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Love this post!

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are the two parts going to be released separately, or will it be a movie-length finale without a cliffhanger?

5. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Two parts. Might cut it together into a film myself

Might put that Khan thing at the end with 'Coming Soon' tease

6. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Just realized that I merged replies to two separate threads into this one. Must have been late, and didn't realize I was in two fanfilm conversations on similar topics at the same time. Sorry. Some of my repsonse was meant for the Cawley thread.

7. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have just watched the backers download. This by far is the best episode yet. Outstanding performances and a huge cliffhanger. I can't wait to discuss it with you guys once everyone has had chance to see it.

8. starmike

starmike Captain Captain

Just finished watching it. Great story, everything was well done. Nicola Bryant did an exceptional job.

9. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Chris isn't the only one with an uncanny family resemblance. Just Wow!

rocketdave likes this.
  10. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I believe Christopher L. Bennett's Department of Temporal Investigations novel Forgotten History also features its own take on the end of the 5 year mission.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Forgotten_History

Nice. I already posted this once before, but here's mine:
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/958c/f/2016/275/f/c/admimral_mignogna_by_rocketdave-dajn1ay.jpg

Just watched the episode. Since we're not supposed to spoil anything, I'll just say for now that I thought it was great. Not every single episode in this series has been a winner for me, but there have been far more hits than misses and I'm sad that the next episode will be the last. Still, I'm eager to see how they wrap it all up.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Danlav05 likes this.
  11. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Wow. Very gripping. Wonder how long that "story" has been floating around in Vic's head.

12. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Episode 10 ticks all the boxes and is breathlessly good in every respect. Only thing I could criticize is a grammatical error the real Spock wouldn't have made.

werdegast likes this.
  13. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

Wow... great stuff!

14. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Quite enjoyed the episode myself when I watched it last night. There's more I want to say about it, but I'll have to wait until after the episode premieres. It was definitely an effective cliffhanger, and I'm excited to see how this story gets wrapped up!

15. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun episode, I loved the TOS planet set!
    Gonna miss this. Looking forward to part II.

bkmyers likes this.
  17. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I loved it...........only briefly rolled my eyes when Kirk launched into a fistfight instead of just letting security guy shoot the guy in act 1!

bkmyers likes this.
  18. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

The best part was the initial fight on the planet and Kirk going immediately to the “Kirk’s Ripped Shirt” maneuver.

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I caught a couple novel’verse references

20. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

That's the one.........

The Transformed Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.