Star Trek Continues - To Boldly Go (Parts I & II)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Firebird, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Since the STC crew has already been revealing snippets about their two-part finale, I thought I would go ahead and make a thread for it!

Here's what's known so far (all apply to both episodes unless otherwise stated):
    Director: James Kerwin (source: https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekCo...2376.333296680037188/1596350857065091/?type=3)
    Writer: Robert J. Sawyer (source: http://stcsubspacechatter.blogspot.com/2017/02/news-from-star-trek-continues.html)
    Original Score: Vic Mignogna (Part I), Andy Farber (Part II) (source: STC Twitter)
    Guest Stars: Cas Anvar & Nicola Bryant (source: https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekContinues/posts/1483295105037334:0)

Part I release date: October 18, 2017
    Part II release date: November 13, 2017
    (source for both: https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekCo...2376.333296680037188/1624602630906580/?type=3)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was hoping Chris White would return one more time as director, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

3. Firebird

Took a glance at his IMDb page, and it looks like Chris White has been pursuing his own projects since 2015. Divided We Stand is his last credited episode.

BoredShipCapt'n likes this.
  4. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love the fact that Sawyer is writing this. For those not in the know, his books almost always include a Star Trek reference, either obvious or subtle. (Maybe he does it all the time and some were too subtle for me.)

5. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of his major projects has been the anthology film "Unbecoming," which features Michael "Apollo" Forest in one segment.

Speaking of Michael Forest, a number of the STC gang (Forest, John de Lancie, Vic Mignogna, James Kerwin, Kipleigh Brown, Lisa Hansell) are currently working on a film called "When the Train Stops," due out next year.

Firebird likes this.
  6. Firebird

7. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Now that they have "finished" I wonder what happened with the sets they built?

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another TOS set tour, maybe?

Purchased by CBS and upgraded with modern flashy stuff for inevitable "Discovery visits the Enterprise" episode?

Purchased by someone rich so they can just live on the USS Enterprise?

Philip Guyott and Galileo7 like this.
  10. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't wait for the new episode(s) to come out. The bridge between TOS and TMP!

11. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I've heard that the sets are located outside of Atlanta. If they went the "Authorized TOS Tour" route, that would put them 2.5 hour drive time from my house, which would be convenient for visiting said venue. I guess it all comes down to who actually 'owns' them? I'd have to assume that the building in which they are housed is leased. Someone is picking up the tap/costs for that. Same goes with utilities and the like.

I hope beyond hope that they don't end up in the bin.

Q2

12. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Episode 10 will be released publicly on Wednesday, 18th October, on the STC website as well as YouTube and Vimeo.
    A sneak peek of episode 10 will be shown beforehand on Sunday, 8th October, at the New York Comic Con.

Episode 11 will be released publicly on Monday, 13th November.
    A sneak peek of episode 11 will be shown beforehand on Sunday, 29th October at Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  13. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Thank you :) I've been anticipating this story for a while!

Philip Guyott likes this.
  14. Mr_Homn

As popular as this show is I am surprised to see a lack of speculation in this thread!

Will this two parter attempt to bridge TOS and TMP? Will it show why McCoy left Starfleet? Why Spock felt the need to attempt Kohlinar? Why Kirk would take a desk job? What happened to Mckennah? So many questions. Not to mention the face behind the ship in the above poster.... It looks like Khan to me, but that can't be, right?

Danlav05 likes this.
  15. Firebird

That's the whole point of the entire series. Vic already published a preview of the last paragraph from the script for To Boldly Go which details the final shot of the Enterprise in drydock, awaiting its refit.

Philip Guyott likes this.
  16. alensatemybuick1

alensatemybuick1 Captain Captain

I assumed the face is that of announced co-star Nicola Bryant, though I can't even guess at her character.

17. MCKurland

MCKurland Lieutenant Red Shirt

Andy Farber actually confirmed with me that he would use part of Jerry Goldsmith's theme from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Let's just hope he uses it in the right place, hopefully the final scene of Part II. That's the most logical place for it. Hopefully, there will be a teaser at the end saying, "The Voyages Will Continue in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Coming Soon to Theaters from Paramount."

18. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Or use this as a 'coming soon' trailer (even though there's a movie before it)!
    Vic suits the movie era very well btw

Phoenix219 and Astra like this.
  19. Mr_Homn

No, the "whole point of the entire series" is not to bridge TOS to TMP. The "whole polint of the entire series" is to show the end of the five year mission in a way that is true to the style of the original series. Perhaps the "whole point" of the finale might be to tie TOS to TMP, but that's not the same as saying the entire series is dedicated to such a task.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Danlav05 likes this.
  20. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    I'm intrigued as to why the characters' eyes are glowing. Think about it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.