STAR TREK 4 BACK ON! Noah Hawley to write and direct

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I think they'll be fine, as long as the film doesn't try to continue to portray them as 20-somethings.

2. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Taking the 5 and 6 rumor with a grain of salt. Call me when the fourth movie is filming or better yet, when it's a box office success.

It's possible they hope to make some spin off like Rogue One, Solo etc. They still have tng characters, for example, to explore in their kelvin version. The temptation to show different versions of the other characters from other series would be irresistible for me.

Markonian likes this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They were discussing spin-offs in 2016 before Beyond underperformed. I recall the then-Paramount president mentioning a "SEAL Team Six of the Federation" which I wondered was a USS Franklin Romulan War prequel but could have been something entirely different.

Imagine multiple Trek spin-offs in cinemas and on streaming... it'll never happen but damn I'd love it.

Lance and saddestmoon like this.
  4. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Maybe Trek 4 is the chance to finally bring a mirror universe to the big screen.

Imagine the cool space battles between USS Enterprise-A and ISS Enterprise, and punchy Kirk-on-Kirk action.

saddestmoon likes this.
  5. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or do something new and unique which was the biggest appeal of a new and different branching timeline.

We just had the mirror universe in Discovery literally last year. Let's move on.

Lance likes this.
  6. RodrigoBrowncoat

RodrigoBrowncoat Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I love the Prime Timeline, BUT I want to the see the crew from the Kelvin Timeline getting older, making mistakes, learning from their mistakes and so on...

Bring it on!

saddestmoon and Lance like this.
  7. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do something new and unique sounds ok, but that's when the complains start about what makes it really Star Trek too...:shrug:

8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

40 isn't what it used to be. I know this because I am. Chris Pine is actually only six months younger than me.

Having said that...

I agree. Beyond seemed to realize this too. I liked the direction they started to take the characters there.

saddestmoon, Lance and Markonian like this.
  9. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm really doubtful this film will get made and to be really honest, the time for the Kelvin crew has passed.

It's time for something new and different.

10. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Even if they did another reboot, it would still be another Big Action Summer Blockbuster. Just with a different cast playing the characters. The change wouldn't be that much of a change because the way these movies are fundamentally made isn't going to change. The film climate of 2019 is still the same as 2009's, just further along. Things haven't changed enough that rebooting at this point would make much of a difference.

I'd prefer that when they reboot again, that they're adapting to yet another film landscape that hasn't really shown up yet. This is a long way of my saying I think it's still too soon. So they might as well make more of this incarnation.

Markonian likes this.
  11. TommyR01D

TommyR01D Captain Captain

Hemsworth.

12. The Overlord

The Overlord Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eh, I will live with my mistake.

13. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They could just bite the bullet and cast Liam Hemsworth, if they were really keen to salvage that story. The brothers look and sound enough alike for it to pass.

I too see no problem with the actors being in their 40s. Beyond started exploring what aging is doing with the Kelvin timeline. I say lean into it. It worked for the TOS cast. :techman:

I do feel like a visual reboot is necessary though. Abandon the 60s TOS inspired elements. Uniforms etc. Maybe new uniforms inspired instead by the maroons from the original movies instead. If we're gonna admit that the characters have aged up, then don't pretend they're still running around on their 5 year mission. Move it on.

The Wormhole, Smellmet and Nyotarules like this.
  14. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

i mean they already sorta did that with beyond to fit with the themes and events of that film. they gave the crew more formal uniforms and the enterprise herself went from beefy and muscular to stately and graceful.

in all practicality, 4 will probably be pretty thoroughly redesigned, just given the amount of real world time that’s passed since beyond and whatever hawley’s specific tastes are. just please no monster maroons.

Lance likes this.
  15. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

If they stick to the actors ages and show ten years have past - Kirk should be an Admiral, McCoy running a private practise, Uhura and Spock on New Vulcan as head of the council, Scotty running the SCE, Sulu and Jayla Captain of the Enterprise B and XO respectively. Carol Marcus is suing Kirk for a divorce, Commander Rand Operations head and Commander Darwin, Head of Tactical on the Enterprise B.
    With cameo performances from Admiral Lorca of Starfleet Intelligence and Federation President Michael Burnham-Lorca (yea I ship those two)

Search4 and Lance like this.
  16. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't Jaylah will be back. She was created for a movie that failed in their eyes. You also now have a new writer and director that want to do their story. Kind of wonder about Simon Pegg as well. Jason

17. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see nothing wrong with exploring the Kelvin universe further.

I am, at times, of the opinion that Trek is past its time too. I don't hear many people calling for Star Trek's cancellation in favor of something "new" and "different."

18. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a “this is how the five year mission ends” story, which leads into a “getting the band back together” movie for the the next one.

Markonian and F. King Daniel like this.
  19. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As much as I'd love to see this movie, I'd bet money Paramount is going to want this movie to make bank. Do you know what two of the highest grossing Trek movies are? Time travel and Borg. Since they're going to want to go cheaper on this one to maximize profits, I'd bet they'll do the Borg invading present day Canada or Georgia. I hope I'm wrong!

I'm pretty stoked about Noah Hawley possibly making this. I love Fargo! I'd love Legion too, if I could figure out what the hell was going on!

Khan 2.0 likes this.
  20. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they should do some mind bending. Maybe Q is dying altering the fabric of space into some kind of surreal Legion type of landscape and they got to fix it. While doing this all sorts of strange things happen like a musical number,Shatner as Kirk, Chekov is female,Scotty is British,4th wall break were Gene Roddenberry shows up, etc. Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.