"Star Trek 365"

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Aug 3, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does anyone have any idea how well Voyages of the Imagination sold?

2. kkozoriz1

kkozoriz1 Fleet Captain

The problem I had with Star Charts was that I was hoping for something to read as opposed to something that was primarily meant to be looked at. The Star Trek Maps were great. I have two copies myself) because it also had the booklet full of all sorts of information. Star Charts (which I enjoyed, don't get me wrong) was less enjoyable because
    a) the maps were printed in the book and the spine got in the way. With Star Trek Maps I could spread them out on the floor and just pour over them.
    b) the maps in Star Charts were in 2-D. No side view given. No z coordinate. They were flat. As Spock said in TWOK "His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
    c) Voyager got too much coverage compared to the Federation/Klingon/Romulan area. Page after page of a map with a line through it and few systems. I would have preferred a more balanced approach.

YMMV

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I'm not too sure. I did see what appeared to be "remaindered copies" in one store, meaning it was officially no longer "in print", but this was at a time when many other stores still had full-priced copies in stock.