Star Trek 2009-11 years later

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by fireproof78, Sep 3, 2020.

1. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Heh, "contrived coincidences" is the hallmark of all Trek movies.

fireproof78 likes this.
  2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Vice Admiral Admiral

I had a bad case of Real Life on Wednesday, and I didn't want to post anything on Thursday due to it being April 1st (and I didn't want anyone thinking I was pulling another April Fool's Joke), then I unexpectedly got invited somewhere this Friday Night, and just got home.

So I've left Beyond hanging in the middle for three days. So I'll pick that up where I left it off tomorrow. The Enterprise is destroyed, the crew is on the surface of the planet, and that's where I am. But my opinion of that film hasn't changed and it hasn't even been five years yet. So there's not going to be anything Earth-shattering or Galaxy-shattering in my observations.

3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Just in the last few weeks I have seen or heard a lot of comments from people who came to like Star Trek or only like Star Trek from these kelvin movies (literally just heard a scientist say this a few hrs ago in fact), and 11 years later, this first movie is still a joy to watch.

Interesting note, this movie was in the top 12 best-selling Discs list for a long time, it actually was released just before sales started decreasing, and made $200 million from their sale alone! That's a lot of latinum!

RAMA

saddestmoon and Richard S. Ta like this.
  4. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember it was in theaters for months and months

Coops likes this.
  5. Coops

Coops Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It was and that was quite a nice feeling in itself, as was seeing the cast promoting it across all the media. After most of the TNG movies sashayed in discreetly only to slink away shortly after, seeing Trek everywhere was like your team winning the cup or something. It was a very positive time to be into Trek.

Khan 2.0, jackoverfull and NCC-73515 like this.
  6. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, for the first time you could kinda be proud to be a trekkie XD

Coops likes this.
  7. Coops

Coops Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I've always been proud to be a Trekkie but it was nice to be proud without people laughing at you because of it:lol::lol::lol: You know, colleagues, friends.......family:sigh:

Khan 2.0 and jackoverfull like this.
  8. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

yes definitely had that feel at the time and also continued for ID . before then the only movie that really had that same breakout feel was FC and TVH (although that was more of a comedy)..the rest were all sort of 'for the fans only' (id even include TMP and TWOK in that category really)

Coops likes this.
  9. Serveaux

Serveaux Boomer American Premium Member

Loved all the Kelvin movies when they opened. Still do.