Star Fleet Battles: Federation Police Cutter

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Sgt_G, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Keep on with it :) Great work so far :)

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Maybe it could be on rails and slide back revealing an upper hatch? That way it can bring things aboard, and cover the hatch weak point in battle. Lower hatch can use the same windlass?

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Beautiful work. This ship and the original (old) Light Cruiser were the "odd ducks" of the Fed fleet back then.

4. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As far as I'm concerned ship deck plans should be on 11x17 or larger to get the best benefit great work there. :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman:

5. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

@Bernard Guignard --- Given that the printable image is 111.5 x 35 scale-meters, what scale would you think it should be published as? (Of course, it's not my call what size paper / scale it will be published; that will be up to ADB if they want to publish it at all.)

At 1:200 scale, that's ~22 x 7 inch. At 1:250 scale, it's 17.6 x 5.6 inch. At 1:275 scale, it does fit on the sheet at ~16x5 inch.

6. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Depends on the type of border that your putting on the data on and wether you want to put multiple decks on a single sheet or 1 deck per sheet
    The Star Stream class booklet of General plans has be done up to be printed on 11x17 sheets. Any thing larger requires
    a plotting service or purchasing a plotter.
    Architectural C size or Ansi C is a nice as is D size I started out hand drafting on C and D paper
    Cygnus.net has my c size work up on his site. My Battleship deck plans (never finished by the way) were done on D size.

https://www.deviantart.com/bernard-...eneral-Plans-Starstream-class-Yacht-610020210

https://www.deviantart.com/bernard-guignard/gallery/66169054/uss-broadsword-project

I hope this helps have a great day

Sgt_G likes this.
  7. Sgt_G

Yeah, no, I don't have any kind of border/frame like that. Also, all my labels are inside the area they represent (with a couple just outside along the edge) like this:

[​IMG]

I don't have any arrows pointing from a label to the item in question. I found that my program (Floor Plan Plus v2) is not very good on keeping text the same width relative to the drawing when zooming in/out to different scales, so it's next to impossible to judge where the end of the arrow goes next to the text block. Yes, I really should convert the files over to TurboCAD.

BTW, I created that HVAC from scratch, and I must say I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

I do have a copyright notice along the side (within the width of the printable area) and a title bar like this:

[​IMG]

also within the printable width/length. Notice how "Primary Sensor" is off-center? It looks fine whatever scale I print at, but weirdly only on-screen at certain zoom levels. Quite annoying.

In theory, I can print two deck per 17x11 sheet 1:275 or 1:300 scale. I'd just have to calculate the spacing between them.

publiusr and Bry_Sinclair like this.
  8. Sgt_G

One of the most recent edits that I made was to take two pairs of enlisted (petty officer) "one-plus-one" quarters (separate rooms with a shared lavatory) ....

[​IMG]

.... and turned them into two married quarters:

[​IMG]

The screen-shots were done at different scales. In reality, they are the same exact overall size.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    publiusr likes this.
  9. Sgt_G

Different bridge designs I created while working on this project:

[​IMG]