Spoilers ST Prodigy - StarShips & Technology Season 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by KamenRiderBlade, Sep 1, 2021.

1. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

=D

"The RunAway" seems to have been replicated that way or the materials that got replicated aren't very "Wear Resistant".

Maybe Pog hasn't seen real leather in a long time?

Maybe 01-05 are missing somewhere on some other planet with the original crew?

Commander Troi and Ronald Held like this.
  2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am thinking, like battery charge cycle indicators only for number of shuttles replicated before new replicator raw materials cartridge needs to be replaced. ;)

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could work either way, I suppose...

4. KamenRiderBlade

The ShowRunners released this image for everybody to enjoy the new vehicle:
    [​IMG]

5. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Maybe the next rover will be numbered "08"?

6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Ditto.

LOL!

Interesting thought.

7. Go-Captain

Go-Captain Captain Captain

I have mixed feelings about the baby Argo and station car from LD. They're so small, like a golf cart that it's hard to argue against it because it makes sense as a concept for short distance hauler. Except, I still feel it should be a hover vehicle because hovering cargo movers have been ubiquitous since TOS through TNG, and hover cars are a thing.

I have more of a problem with the Runaway. It's great looking, and I would play with it as a toy without hesitation, but as an actual off road vehicle I think it's a bad design. Power train size versus people/cargo capacity it is terrible, and those long arms would scrape over moderate boulders.

But, I have hope the Runaway will surprise me and do something like a hand stand jump or some other wacky thing. It needs some sort of gimmick function given it has what looks like 12 wheels on a vehicles where four would be fine.

It's nice to see an artist who not only appreciates their own work, but knows the fan base does too. I love these detail shots.

Timo likes this.
  8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Runway is my least favorite part of this show.

9. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Runaway toy?? Still waiting.

Go-Captain and Commander Troi like this.
  10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It honestly does not look that big. Might be the the bridge dome.

11. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

On the captain's command console, there is a label which reads "Gun Turret Status". AFAIK, this would be the first time we heard about a gun turret in the Star Trek universe.

(17) Jörg Hillebrand (@gaghyogi49) / Twitter

[​IMG]

12. DEWLine

Interesting...

13. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

...I still have trouble accepting that a display of ship status would be drawn in perspective, rather than in side elevation view like all previous MSDs. Perhaps if it rotated a lot when viewed? But it seems to be a simple side view, only in perspective so that the nacelles don't overlap.

Is the display itself perhaps supposed to be 3D beneath that flat panel, so we get the perspective view, plus a view of the tip of the portside nacelle because our camera is positioned ever-so-slightly off normal?

Timo Saloniemi

14. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’m sorry but here we are in Trek Tech taking about a car and not the new drive?

15. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The car's gone. The drive's still there. I'm sure the former will be replaced before long, though... ;)

I'm wondering if the car had any armaments as a standard feature? The Argo had the Worf turret thing, but the Lower Decks vehicles don't seem to have any.

Mark

16. KamenRiderBlade

I wouldn't be surprised if the weapons mount was modular.

Update:

17. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.

18. DEWLine

Looking at the Protostar LCARS imagery again, and comparing to fonts I have licenses for...the font they're using resembles several of the "license plate" fonts I have on file, but no exact match to any of them. Not Driver Gothic, nor any of the Dealerplate family either.

19. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

- The Protostar has a holodeck! Or even, a holo-DOME!

- Sickbay is seen to have a window here - the first time we've seen this on any starship.

- Why did the holodeck choose to have Uhura and Spock as their TOS versions, but Scotty appears in his... uh, older Elvis phase? Crusher and Odo also appear in their later series uniforms.

- The awesomeness of the TNG bridge reconstruction is fantastic, but mad props to the Klingon Ship bridge too! They must be leveraging the sets built for the ship they found on the Murder Planet, cleaned up and looking fab.

- The Ktarian game makes a return! Does this mean that whoever came up with the hardware in the first place had nothing to do with the plot to overhrow the Federation, and is able to make a living selling unaltered devices to avid retro gamers? I doubt Dal whipped this up on his own.

- We establish that the Protostar indeed had a previous crew, with their own uniforms to boot. But where'd they go? The ship as found didn't seem to have any leftover personal effects, except maybe that game?

Mark

Markonian and Mike McDevitt like this.
  20. DEWLine

And they may have travelled to Tars Lamora from further away than we suspected. In several senses.