Spoilers SPOILERS: Icheb's Return in Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Akiraprise, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

In PIC Icheb suffered...

...like Axum did in the Voyger novels. But Axum was saved.

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, the thing that pushed Janeway over the edge in "Endgame" was when she heard about Tuvok.

Seven is grieving, but alive and oriented to person, place and timeline so no need for Mama Janeway to turn back the clock.

One thing that Icheb's "manner of an end" prevented was the usual hand wringing over whether the hero (Seven) should have killed Bjazl.

3. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Things can be visually implied and told but not shown.

It just takes a few more seconds on the screen, with a few lines of dialogue.

4. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

I haven't watched 'Picard' yet, but I'm worried that connections like these to other Trek series might ruin the entire series for me.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Worry not.

6. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

They don't. They're essentially little "Easter Eggs" for long time fans. If you've never seen any VOY at all it's just very apparent that Seven cares deeply for the young man on the table.

7. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

I have watched 'Voyager' but it was some time ago, I don't remember much of the details. I'm on a VOY rewatch but it's on hiatus right now. It's good that it's not absolutely necessary to know other Trek series inside out to understand Picard series.

I do know much of TNG, it's my favourite series, not just Trek but in general. That is something anyone should watch before 'Picard', right? :)