Spoilers Spoiler-ish Q&A - Star Trek Beyond

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by AndyPandy, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apparently you don't know much then. One of the things that made Fast and Furious so popular was a sense of deep emotional bonding between the characters in that franchise. I have to agree with Tosk and give credit to Lin as well here.

2. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, you overreacted, IMO. I referred specifically to the emotional quality of the script/movie (from what I am hearing), and a lot of Pegg's work thus far strikes me as having an underlying emotional/sentimental/poignant content. I don't KNOW Lin's work other than his F&F movies (which don't particularly strike me as sentimental -- at least the earlier ones and the ones I've seen). You took my words as a slight to Lin's contribution to the movie. They weren't. I was simply attributing to a KNOWN quantity that which I perceived to be his.

If you didn't overreact, then you have my apologies. But, then again, in my 13+ years of experience on this board, overreaction IS a given ;)

3. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

I stand corrected. But as I said before -- I was writing according to MY perceptions. And, no, I will NOT be watching or re-watching any of the F&F movies to check out the veracity of YOUR claims. So, rest easy ;)

4. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Lieutenant Red Shirt

You're all welcome - and I'm so excited to now be able to discuss all the details of the film with you all!