Spock/Leonard Nimoy Apprecation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by KirkSpockTOSFan, Jan 31, 2010.

1. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hotlinking is not allowed, so you have to upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket or Tinypic.

2. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

You can post the picture from Photobucket to show up on thread here right? Do you know how I can do that? I didnt have an account with Photobucket,so I signed up for one and have one now. I just cant figure out how to get picture from there to here?:confused:

3. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Post the IMG Code - the one that looks like this

Code:
    [IMG]url[/IMG]
    It should show up under the uploaded picture together with the Direct Link, HTML Code and EMAIL&IM. Or if that doesn't work, then select the picture by checking the little square field and click "Generate HTML and IMG code".

4. KirkSpockTOSFan

^Thanks for the tip, I will try that. I love to see more pictures of Spock here, I love all those one's of him here!

5. KirkSpockTOSFan

I agree,he was amazing in the movie.I Just love how well he played as Spock,not just in that movie but through out his career.I aslo loved that scene in TWOK where he is in that chamber,and Kirk is on the other side.It was amazing scene as well very sad.That scene showed how true his friendship with Kirk was. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few,or the one" Very intense scene and one of the best.

6. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spock embodies the best of TOS for me, and Nimoy was perfect in the role. I admit that it would be interesting to see him in something else, I've only seen him play Spock. Zachary Quinto was the first person to be cast for STXI, partly thanks to a superficial resemblance to Nimoy, a resemblance even Nimoy acknowledges.

7. KirkSpockTOSFan

I agree with you. I'm glad Nimoy accepts Quinto to take over the role of Spock.He knows that he left his role of Spock in good hands.Because Quinto was just as amazing as Spock as Nimoy who is the orginal one who poytrayed him.:vulcan: I really loved that scene in between the two Spock's in the movie, it was one of the best scenes in the movie. The older Spock seemed really comfortable and at peace with himself as well very wise. I say more wiser than he had been. I love to see Nimoy's Spock again but its been said that he's not doing it again. And that he is leaving it up to Quinto to carry on the role of Spock from now on into the future. So if Nimoy is not gonna play Spock anymore, what other roles will he be doing?

8. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Not only do I appreciate Nimoy's work as Spock in the original series, the first six movies, and the TNG two-parter, but I got to sit just four seats away from when he came to Austin last spring for the unoffical premiere of the new movie.

Four seats away!

Sure, there were pre-signed posters for wristband folks after the movie, but he also signed my reserved seat sign, the seat that put me four seats away!!!

:vulcan:

9. KirkSpockTOSFan

^Thats cool that you got to sit that close to him.You were very lucky to say the least.Anyways anybody going to any convetions?He is going to be at the one in Las Vegas again this year.I went last year and ment him Im thinking of going again this year as well and meet him again.

10. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

He passed on the baton to Quinto which was beautifully done in the movie in my opinion the scene between the two Spock's was great wasn't it?

11. Zakk

Zakk Lieutenant Red Shirt

Re: Spock/Leonard Nimoy Appreciation Thread

there is always one thing i love about nimoy's Spock were there that awkward moment were kirk tells Spock there may be an human side to you after all and Spock replies with Captain i will no longer stand here and be insulted. gotta love it

12. KirkSpockTOSFan

It was the best scene I agree.I remmber when I went the Star Trek convetion in Las Vegas last year that when Leonard Nimoy was talking to the croud,out of no where Zachary Quinto and Jacab Hogan appread on stage and surprised Nimoy.Everybody started cheering,it was amazing moment to see all three Spock's up there on the same stage at the same moment.It's one of those moments you may never see again.And I was so glad I was there to see it and experance it.

13. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    A great actor and a true gentleman. Nimoy's got it all. You can't touch him.

14. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I loved Leonard Nimoy as Spock and still do to this day! In the new Trek movie, he was fantastic and threw the baton onto Quinto's character of Spock, which was brilliantly done, IMO. And I liked the fact he came from the future and was trying to change the events that had occurred in his timeline. I literally gasped when I first saw him in the theater!

15. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too!!!!:techman::)

16. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

Leonard Nimoy is a genius actor he was superb in Star Trek as Spock Prime and it was brilliantly done how he threw the baton over to Quinto's Spock don't u agree

17. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

:rolleyes: First Pine, now Quinto. I hear these names much more I'm gonna start chewing on furniture.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

19. KirkSpockTOSFan

^What movie is that called in the black & white picture of Nimoy? He looks pretty hot in that picture. By the way was that movie before TOS?

20. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2G9p5QjL60[/yt]

Leonard's comic ability shines here as he discusses logic with Flip Wilson.

The devil made me do it!