Spock/Leonard Nimoy Apprecation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by KirkSpockTOSFan, Jan 31, 2010.

1. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I wasnt' sure if there was one like this already done for Leonard Nimoy, so I thought I start one. This is a apprcation thread for anybody who loves Leonard Nimoy as the orginal Mr. Spock, or any other roles he played in. He also not just actor but also a director,producer and photographer. So if you just love anything about him, come and post your thoughts or pictures etc here. So come show your love for this amazing guy!:adore:

2. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

Oh, I'm definitely on board! :D I have to prepare for classes, but when I'm done, I shall return and devote my efforts to finding some lovely Nimoy pics to get us started.

Kind of related and kind of embarrassing: I had a dream last night that I met Nimoy, and he found me charming, and my husband was jealous about it. Wishful thinking on the part of my subconscious? :lol:

3. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

4. Dragonfare

Dragonfare Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm surprised that this thread isn't ginormous already, there is so much love out there for Nimoy's Spock. He was my primary fangirl lust object for most of my teenage years. Even people who don't know anything about Star Trek have heard of Spock, he's become such an icon in our society.

All praise is due to Nimoy for creating Spock and making him live. I like Zachary Quinto a lot, don't get me wrong, but when you compare NuSpock to the original, you can really see how much Nimoy's posture and the gravity and subtle nuances of his expression made that character special. The original triumvirate of Kirk/Spock/McCoy was the proverbial lightning in a bottle, and now that I'm older - much older - I can appreciate how much Shatner and Kelley brought to the table. But Nimoy holds a special place in my heart, just as he does for so many others. (Don't believe me? Watch the special features on the Star Trek DVD!)

5. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

Haven't seen that one, Sky! The man has a lovely, unique profile, doesn't he? Not that I'm exercising any objectivity in the matter... :D

As promised, a couple of goodies:

[​IMG]

I love this picture of Spock. Why so stern, Commander? Whatever the reason, keep it up, it's quite appealing.

[​IMG]

BB!Nimoy. Don't we all wish to the owner of that hand? (Except that it looks a bit... mannish. Oh well, it'd be worth it!)

[​IMG]

This picture is one of my favorite things in existence. Nimoy and son, but in my head, this is but one of Daddy Spock's many love children. Women across the galaxy can't resist, and Spock sees no logic in denying them. (My head canon: it's a scary place to dwell.)

[​IMG]

Screencap from Day of the Dove. I laughed when I first saw this scene... not because of Kirk and the Klingon's forced guffawing, but because Spock seems to be trying desperately not to laugh as well. Look at his eyes! It's not always easy being a Vulcan.

This source confirms my suspicion that Nimoy was quite amused when filming this scene: http://tos.trekcore.com/episodes/season3/3x07/trivia.html

6. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    Now that is one adorable picture! And I think you are right, there definetly was more than one moon-princess that made her move.
    Honestly, can't blame her...:drool:

7. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

The ultimate Vulcan.

8. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perfect character. Perfect casting. I'm convinced that Star Trek would have been a mere footnote in entertainment history without Leonard Nimoy playing Mr. Spock.

9. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Too funny! Mr OldstRedShrtEvr always knew he wasn't my first love - he was ok with it being Mr. Spock !

10. KirkSpockTOSFan

Love those pics of Nimoy,talk about hottness!:drool:

11. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That pic comes from Kid Monk Baroni, his first starring role. He was just 20. It's strange to see him so baby-faced! But he always had an amazing, deep, sexy, sexy voice. :adore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fOsKM4tw8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnymxdM6GJk

More young Nimoy (he was about 30 in those):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last two come from this movie -
    WARNING! Extreme hotness. Can induce fainting :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBN_0MdDvU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnp6eoEYsRo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsfAY-Jopy4

12. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of the few things I like about HE's original teleplay to "City on the Edge of Forever" is the scene where Spock has a heart-to-heart with Kirk about Edith and talks about the girls he dallies with while on leave. I think he says something to effect of "I'm logical, not neuter."

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  13. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

He also played a huge role in last years Star Trek which I thought he really did a great job playing Spock Prime.

14. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

With lunch today, my bluray remastered episode was "The Return of the Archons." (Courtesy of Trek Core)

[​IMG]

15. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is not and never will be aaaaaaaany body like Nimoy, nor will there ever be another character like Spock. All the other geeky girls (that I knew - though clearly I didn't know quite enough, if this thread is anything to go by) went for Kirk. But Spock was always the one for me. :: sigh ::

16. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

I saw some of Nimoy's photography at a gallery in Northampton, MA, a few months ago. There were some of his noteable nudes of larger women, but that wasn't all there was to his section (which is in the bank vault part of the gallery). In fact I found the other work more interesting. All of it was black & white. I wish I could remember it more clearly right now. Guess I'll have to re-visit.

17. KirkSpockTOSFan

In one those black white pictures of Nimoy,don't he look like Zachary Quinto there?I can see almost a resemblance.

18. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think young Nimoy looks a lot like Quinto. Quinto's jaw is more rounded and his feature not as severe but there is a strong resemblance. Quinto does not have the voice, though, but who does?

19. KirkSpockTOSFan

I thought both Nimoy & Quinto were both amaznig as Spock.Anyways,I might post some pics of Nimoy here once I can figure out how to do it.Does anybody know how you can post pictures here in a thread?

20. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

Spock always made TOS the series that it became, unforgettable and fantastic viewing when i was a kid and now as a much older adult:vulcan:.