Speculation on DC's Major Superman 2010 Event?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

Krypton still exists. All we've seen was staged as part of

The Kal-El Show!

2. Max Curshie

Max Curshie Ensign Newbie

My guess: the big event will be more than one "big event:"

Superman returns to Earth.

Zod and other Kryptonians want Earth after something happens to New Krypton.

There's a massive Kryptonian war in the process.

I'm just grasping here...

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Here is my question.

Superman is unstoppable, except by magic or Kryptonite.
    Zod has proven to be all powerful.
    Supergirl is like her cousin.

How would Earth stop an invading army of Kryptonians. Once they all soak up that yellow sun how does one stop a RACE of SUPERMEN???
    Bring out Shadowpact? Crossover with Harry Potter? What?
    A serious depowering of the mythos has to happen thereby making Superman, well, less Super. How are they(DC editors) handling this Kryptonian influx??

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Either something makes the Kryptonians leave Earth or they do so by choice, IMO...

5. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Kryptonians have already left Earth. What needs to be done is to curtail all the animosity between Earth and New Krypton stirred up (mainly) by Sam Lane.

6. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I was thinking leaving and never coming back so they're no longer an issue for Earth.

7. Mike Farley

Sounds like a mission for the amazing death-dealing abilities of SUPERBOY PRIME!

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I think the bottom line is all these "extra" Kryptonians have to go. Either into the Phantom Zone, back in the bottle or on a planet far far away orbiting a red sun. (fourth option is six feet under) Since the Silver age is back in vogue I suspect Zod will wind up in the PZ and the rest will get bottled. (Including Nightwing, Flamebird and Alura)

9. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

I reckon he will grow a moustache.

10. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Yep.

They're going to have to get rid of all the Daxamites while they're at it, too. I'm still bewildered by the fact that they introduced them at all. Seriously, who thought an entire race of Supermen was a good idea? It was already stretching credibility that one race ever existed, but they had to go and create an off-shoot that survived? Jesus.

11. Mike Farley

The Daxamites have been around for a very, very, long time. I doubt they're going anywhere. They do need to turn their sun red again though.

I expect that Kandor will end up back in a bottle in the Fortress of Solitude eventually.

12. Max Curshie

Max Curshie Ensign Newbie

I think New Krypton is going to get "relocated" to a parallel universe within the new Multiverse.

That way, they can continue on and we can be left with only Superman and Supergirl.

Zod, of course, will end up back in the PZ until he's needed for another Big Event That Changes Everything.

13. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reminds me of an old Adult cartoon (Playboy I believe) where they spoofed this, but they never did the 'nasty'.
    PM me and I'll try to give you the caption as best as i remember it.
    I wont post it here.

14. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A bit off topic but why was Supermann:Birthright retconned? I thought it was a very good way of doing a reboot for the 21st century.