So Where Does Mudd Fit In This

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by seigezunt, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, because taking the ship 950 years into the future would not result in what Zora tells us about the ship in Calypso -- which is that she's been alone for about 1000 years waiting for the crew to return. Zora waiting almost 1000 years is not the same as saying that the ship jumped almost 1000 years into the future.

Those are two different ideas; jumping does not require a 1000-year wait.

Granted, I suppose it's possible that the ship jumped 950 years, and then the crew left, and then Zora waited an additional 1000 years after that -- so when Craft came along it's really almost the 43rd century rather than the 33rd. However, if that's the case then Calypso seems like it doesn't have much to do with whatever happens in the season 2 finale.

So I still think it's quite possible the finale will have nothing to do with Calypso. Maybe Calypso and Escape Artist will be two stand-alones while Runaway and Brightest Star are not.

ITDUDE and TPezz like this.
  2. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Captain Captain

No. Additionally, it could also be argued that Mudd's time travel episode last season was one of the only true stand-alone episodes of that season, too. At least they're consistent about it, I suppose.

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Very much agreed. (Actually, I always dug all of them except the drummer.) But wouldn't calling her by her actual name - Michael - be more topically relevant? ;)

4. Jackson_Roykirk

So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me that Zora saying she has been waiting almost 1000 years is not consistent with the ship jumping almost 1000 years, so the events as seen in Calypso might not apply to the season 2 finale? :)

5. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think if by some absolutely strange twist of fate, that she would ever consent to actually sleeping with me...

I could probably get away with calling her Micki afterward.
    :beer:

6. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Commodore Commodore

Harry Mudd wakes up in a ladies silken night dress and hears a shower running. He walks into the bathroom, and opens the shower door..... 'Good Morning' says a very handsome Patrick Duffy.

TO BE CONTINUED!

ITDUDE and TrickyDickie like this.
  7. TrickyDickie

TrickyDickie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Jackson_Roykirk

This one has two DSC buzzwords: