So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Me neither. That will be quite a list to read

2. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nearing the end of The Wounded Sky. And the Narnia parallels are even more striking than I'd anticipated.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Finished THRILLING ADVENTURES YARNS 2021. Just started TURNING THE TIED, an anthology of stories featuring public-domain characters, published as a fundraiser for the World Literacy Fund. (Full disclosure: I donated a story to the cause, but I'm looking forward to reading all the other contributions, featuring characters like Sherlock Holmes, Sinbad, Ayesha, and others . . . . )

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The novellas are mostly around 100 pages, so it's not as bad as it sounds.
    If you want to really be a completist, there are also at least two short stories, one in Tales of the Domion War, and one in Tales From the Captains Table.
    There was also supposed to be a Mirror Universe novella, that was supposed to go along with either the first two MU books or Shards and Shadows, but I don't think that one ever got beyond the planning stages.

5. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ford's How Much for Just the Planet?

Somebody on another board was reading it (in e-book form), on my own recommendation, and complaining about the comic timing being off. I don't see any comic timing problems.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Started ST: The Lost Era 2360: Catalyst of Sorrows by Margaret Wander Bonnano. I've had this sitting in my Google Books account for a while now, and her death last month finally inspired to me read it.

Cyfa likes this.
  7. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

I was going to write a Mirror Universe S.C.E. story that would tie into the ongoing MU stuff in the print books, but they went and cancelled the eBook line, so that never happened.

8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bodies and bows by Elizabeth Penney

9. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been on a role recently with Trek Litverse. I've gotten through the Destiny trilogy, TNG Losomg the Peace and a Singular Destiny. Now I'm starting Titan Over a Torrent Sea. I thought of holding off on the Kristen Beyer Voyager books until later.

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished The Grishaverse trilogy and started on Firefly:Life Signs by James Lovegrove.

11. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Bridget Jones's Diary, by Helen Fielding (because I fancied a light bit of fluff).
    I've just had a thought: I'd love to see a Star Trek take on BJD - I think Lower Decks, with Boimler as Bridget would work a treat!

12. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

It’s been a long time since I last posted, so I’m not going to list everything I’ve read since then.
    The last book I read was Star Trek: Picard: The Dark Veil by James Swallow.
    I’m currently re-reading Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Never-Ending Sacrifice by Una McCormack.

13. Reanok

Telling Tails by Sofie Ryan

14. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Star Trek The Motion Picture: Inside the Art & Visual Effects - Fascinating! :vulcan:

15. Reanok

Space Station Down by Ben Bova

16. Reanok

Big little spies by Krista Davis

17. John Clark

Finished Wonderlands by Una McCormack (Enjoyed it) and am on to Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir (So far, writing is more like The Martian than some of his others). Liking it so far.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been in a comic book mood the last few days, so I decided to take a break from Catalyst of Sorrows, and I borrowed Batman Vol. 4: Year Zero - Secret City from Hoopla and started reading it this afternoon. It's written by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV, with art by Greg Capullo, Danny Miki, and Rafael Albuquerque.

19. Reanok

I've been wanting to get Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. I'll be interested in what you thought of the story after you finish reading it.

20. John Clark

Currently at about 80 percent of it and it's been very enjoyable. I think I still prefer The Martian but it's been (imho) a good read.

Some way into it, there is a bit of a large game changer in, but the way it's written is interesting (and funny in parts).