So is Capt Shaw the new, reigning biggest a##hole in Trek?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Photon, Feb 21, 2023.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't say you did.

You're quite right. I just don't know that Picard earned the courtesy at that point. Though, Shaw's trauma was also showing through.

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

In a job environment like Starfleet, professionalism shouldn't be an earned courtesy; it should be basic behavior for any officer, especially a command-level one.

I'm sure that many of us here have careers in which we're expected to deal with clients/customers and fellow employees in a professional manner, even when there's friction.

Anduinel and Turtletrekker like this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

And times were I've been less than professional.

It happens.

And it's not like Picard was always courteous. I may not agree with, or even like Shaw, but I understand him.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Say what you like about Shaw's attitude towards Picard...at least Shaw was HONEST about it. He wasn't being extremely passive-aggressive like Sisko was in "Emissary".

Honesty trumps rudeness, every time.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Allyn Gibson and Vasquez Rocks like this.
  5. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was nothing passive-aggressive about sisko during his encounter with picard. He didn't fuck about and straight up said the two met in battle.

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

[SIZE=14px]Imagine if Star Wars made a Gungan character who became one of the show's stand-out characters in an ensemble of so many other great characters. Preposterous? Well, that's what DS9 did with the Ferengi.

See what you get when you don't have writers who love to write stories about how awesome Humanity is compared to everyone else? You get characters who aren't a-holes.[/SIZE]

Anduinel likes this.