Spoilers So if Sarek knows...

MikeS

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the huge thread, but I have only just watched and all those pages are too much to wade through after the Star Warsesque "pew-pew" battle and the little R2's fixing the Enterprise...

At the end of the season "canon" is served, we are told that the Discovery can never be spoken of again, under pain of death. But Sarek is diplomatically immune or something...

A century later, a dying Sarek melds with Picard...

So do we think Picard knows about Disco and do we think this will be a plot point of the new Picard series...

(I personally hope not)

Picard probably knows thousands of things that Sarek knew. But even if Michael & Discovery was in that wealth of information (ie: if Sarek even remembered in his condition), Picard wouldn't have been able to pick it out from everything else he got from the mindmeld.

Now, if the Picard Show™ has any connection to DSC, he might "remember" that info.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the huge thread, but I have only just watched and all those pages are too much to wade through after the Star Warsesque "pew-pew" battle and the little R2's fixing the Enterprise...

At the end of the season "canon" is served, we are told that the Discovery can never be spoken of again, under pain of death. But Sarek is diplomatically immune or something...

A century later, a dying Sarek melds with Picard...

So do we think Picard knows about Disco and do we think this will be a plot point of the new Picard series...

(I personally hope not)
IDK - in 300 years, one would think a lot of stuff becomes 'declassified'. The whole Discovery situation may be known in the 24th century and as for the Spore Drive tech, Discovery took that with her and Stamets was they ONLY one who really knew how it works; so Starfleet may not have ever gone back to trying to make it work because they don't WANT to understand a "Space Mushroom Drive"

I thought this thread was going to be about the Katra connection Sarek has to Michael, and can they still communicate even with the time difference?

Let's hope not, since the mindmeld happened before Picard became Locutus.

Ignore me, I'm an idiot.

I thought this thread was going to be about the Katra connection Sarek has to Michael, and can they still communicate even with the time difference?

It is untouched territory, I could see it workable. There's certainly no rule that katra connections can't cross space-time to one who has moved to a different time.

Back