So, appereantly *SPOILERS* is Anakin's 'father'.....?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mage, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

He was in the next room with Yoda & Bail for the start of the scene, but yes, he was there for the actual births and naming.
    Anakin had two visions of Padme's death; one where she and a baby were screaming and in a lot more distress than what we ultimately saw, and another where she was calmer but exhausted with Obi-Wan stooping over her, telling her to saver her energy and not to give up as she seemingly dies...which again is not quite how it went down.

Now one can interpret this as just variance in possible future events (always in motion is the future) or a clouded vision, distorted by Anakin's anxieties about Obi-Wan & Padme (a sub plot that was played down in the editing process.) Or it can be a little of both.
    Point being, force visions should not always be taken at face value. There's typically a deeper meaning to the images and context is everything.

And while we're at it, lets not forget that vision also included 10 year old Anakin being attacked by a Darth Vader that literally jumps out of his shadow. Is anyone going to claim this is a thing that really happened? I didn't think so.

Depending one how one chooses to interpret that image, it could simply represent Vader's anxiety about how much Palpatine has manipulated his development, moulding him into what he is now, in that moment. Maybe at the back of his mind he thinks it's possible Palpatine did indeed do some weird Sith alchemy to induce his conception. Again, it's all about the context.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched that Star Wars Theory fanfilm yesterday where Sheev is goading Vader to give into his feeling and annihilate his enemies, seemingly without realising that Vader wants to screw the Emperor into a light bulb fixture.

%70 of Sith die by aprenticide.

Maybe you only become a forceghost if you're killed by another force user?

So Sheev isn't an idiot for spending years needling Anikan into topping him, all to become one with the universe and alpowerful, at the moment of his choosing, which is probably not the moment Vader actually did chose to kill his master.

I'm also wondering if you can only be a Nabooian Queen if you are a Virgin? Which is why the (democratically elected) Queens of Naboo, are so young and choose to relinquish power so quickly. Or there's an age-ceiling and term limits. Meh.

Considering how she tricked Anikan into ignoring his own oath of abstinence, I'm unsure about how well Padme kept her own celibacy pledge as a Queen, if that's a thing, which it probably isn't.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not, at least in the novel verse.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought they ALL did? :confused:

5. Guy Gardener

The Master of the Apprentice can be taken out by a Jedi.

It's just a matter of if the Apprentice, suddenly a Ronin then declares themself a Master, or if an apprentice can't do that until if after they kill a Master, as a final graduation test.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I highly doubt Kathleen Kennedy has any involvement with the comics or indeed any tie-in material. That is likely looked after by someone lower on Lucasfilm's food chain.
    Jedi aren't actually celibate. They can have sex, they just can't love the person they're having sex with.
    Presumably a few here and there may have been killed through other means. Defeated by an enemy, landspeeder accident, tripping over a brick. That sort of thing.

7. Guy Gardener

Which is a reasonable argument that I would love to see canonized in film.

The problem is that it's very difficult not to fall in love with someone you go to bed with more than a few dozen times. You accidentally become meaningfully attached, sharing meals and wondering what happens to that person, when they are not with you having meaningless sex, asking how their day has been.

Little Orphan Annie fell in love with Padme at first sight.

Padiwan Anikan shouldn't have been allowed to talk to her, ever, god forbid shtup her once, because it's theoretically safe to go there "once"... This seems very much like drinking alcohol before you drive a car, believing that you are under the limit and will pass a breathalyzer test, when really, you can't ever be sure of that because the universe is weird.

There must be a group of Jedi called "The Love Police" who break into the middle of Jedi doing sexual acts with some mundane, everyone gets scanned, and then if someone gets sent to the spice mines of Kessel, it's not going to be the Jedi...

Like how FOX spent 10s of millions and years covering up after Bill O'Reilly.

8. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Then fine . . . I'll blame Lucas for even considering this nonsense in the first place. And I'll blame Kennedy and Disney for going ahead with it. What is the point in claiming that Palpatine was Anakin's creator? What was this supposed to prove?

Exactly how is this supposed to work? How? People develop attachments. Period. It just happens. Abiding to a rule that you cannot have attachments is both ludicrous and unnatural. Such a rule will eventually backfire.

No wonder Anakin could not handle his attachment to Padme. She could barely, if not at all, handle her attachment to him. And Anakin was never really taught on how to let go of attachments. He was simply forbidden not to form one. This was the Jedi's idea of teaching their acolytes on dealing with attachments. A damn rule. And yet, even they eventually developed their own attachment to the Order itself . . . and never acknowledged this, to their detriment.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  9. Guy Gardener

Padme was a stand in for his mother.

Mommy Issues.

Or his Mommy Issues turned into Princess Issues.

Was Shmi a prostitute?

"No star cruiser is worth 2 slaves"

If Anikan got a little older was he going to be a prostitute too?

Seriously, some rando just bought Shmi because he fell in love with her while she performed her typical slave duties?

Totally a prostitute.

This would have tainted Anikan's desire to have a healthy sex life, well before all the jedi stuff got locked in. He can't pay for anonymous sex without drawing a parallel to all the men that paid Watto to sleep with his mother, and he can't be a man without paying for sex, since every role model from his youth, wandering in and out of his house, paid to have sex with his mother, and that money was the source of all his toys (including C-3po) and food.

As an engineer, I doubt that he could take a droid sex doll seriously, since he can see in his head the code behind all the droids communication and reactions to sex, and as a force user, I doubt that he could have sex with any "thing" that did not have soul or a brain stem, even though there are probably many life forms that are force resistant, and yet they're still people with souls.

O.

Watto is a being who's biology is not convivial or downright toxic to midichlorians? You could make an anti-midichlorian weapon from his species' biology... The Emperor is painted as a Nazi, because he seems to do horrible things to nonhumanoid life. What if he's trying to cancel out life forms that are force resistant to homogenise his powerbase to only force pliable drones?

So Anikan can't have sex in the usual places that other Jedi can.

I have no sympathy.

What about looking down through diverging timelines for sexual conquest?

That way Anikan can have sex with anyone in the future, while-then in the present derail that timeline, so that he does not have to deal with the consequences of mating with those persons... Because it never actually happened, similar to time remnants on The Flash.

The biological release would not travel back in time to alleviate his body of stress, which is why sex is medically necessary, so time-boinking through the fourth dimension would be a lack luster 2 dimension experience giving the kid no relief in the present, even if he could use this "mental tool" to do anything with zero consequences, and frankly even though he's only frakking time-phantoms, Anikan can still fall in love with any of his prognosticated fancy girls, and then has to deal with the double problem that he is deeply in love with women who have never met him, who are going to send him off the deep end into vivisecting children.

That time-whimey bullshit is going to be the final act to the final Star Wars movie.

Yoda, way back near the end of Phantom Menace, is going to finishing looking at all the potential timelines, time winds back though 12 sequels, where-then he tells Qui Gon Jinn that "No, this boy, you will teach not either." So the last movie ends, with no Darth Vader, and the beginning of a Golden Age with no Luke and Leia eiher.

The only %100 way for Anikan to have sex, and not gain the attachments that will drive him to the dark side, and genocide, is to murder all of his lovers post coitus immediately.

Oh.

He could just bang women that he hates.

The worst personalities, with bad ethics and inversed hygiene.

Of course hating someone intensely could drive you to the dark side as quickly as loveing someone else intensely, so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Unless...

If Anikan was %100 straight, and cannot fall in love or loath with a man, then why not just have sex with men?

Beautiful and intelligent men that smell great.

Yup.

Final answer.

...Although the problem is that no one is %100 straight.

So on a long enough timeline, Anikan will fall in love with a dude, and then light the universe on fire.

I hate him.

Qonundrum likes this.
  10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I believe that's the point of the PT Jedi. It sucks, because you are right that people form attachments
    That Palpatine is unbeatable apparently.

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Well, until they aren't. ;)

If it is a story point that the entire franchise has to adhere to, I would imagine she would very much be in on the decision making.

The Wormhole likes this.
  13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That Palpatine and Anakin were always connected, and Anakin was set up from the beginning to end up with him.

It's supposed to be about controlling you're emotions because strong good feelings can go just as wrong as strong bad feelings. The whole idea is simply that they were supposed to keep themselves seperate and apart from other people so they don't form connections, that was the whole reason they all lived isolated in the Temple.
    Not trying to defend it, it really is a bad idea, like you said it's not how people are supposed to live, but I can see where the idea came from.
    You have to remember the Jedi are usually taken away as babies, so they a pretty much taught from birth not to form attachments. Anakin was a unique case because he was raised by his mother and had formed the kind of connection with her that Jedi aren't supposed to form with anyone.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I don't know...I mean if we take Palpatine as our sample set, he managed to outlive 66% of his apprentices that we know of and the remaining 33% didn't even make it as far as the escape shuttle before croaking of his injuries...I feel like more Sith die in the attempt of usurping their masters than do being usurped. I mean in order to be a master in the first place, one has to be able to survive getting rid of the old master. It'd be a pretty poor showing if they then get taken out by their very first apprentice like a chump.

No, the mechanics of that are pretty much covered in the last Yoda arc on TCW. Short version: it's not a side effect, it's an act of will on the part of the person about to pass, though one can receive "help" from those already on the other side.

15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I like to think Plagueius survived and his next experiment made Starkiller.

16. BillJ

You talking about Starkiller base or Starkiller from The Force Unleashed games?

17. thribs

Galen Marek.

18. BillJ

I'm not as into Star Wars as a lot of people, so that name means nothing to me. :shrug:

19. thribs

Starkiller’s real name.

20. BillJ

From The Force Unleashed?