News Smallville complete series finally coming to blu-ray

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 28, 2021.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

That sucks. :( The duplicate/missing disc thing is apparently a common problem, and is presumably at least part of the reason it's out of stock everywhere.

I lucked up and got a good set. Planning to start my complete series rewatch next week.

2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Ordered mine on Amazon UK. Should come around December.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Don't forget your concussion counter.

dupersuper and The Realist like this.
  4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I just have the 10th season in BD (got it for Christmas shortly after it came out.) Not entirely sure if I'd want to rebuy this entire series on BD. Hell, it's been a while since I've watched the DVDs of it. It was a fun series to watch while it was on, and I may well watch through it again, but it seems fairly "spent" to have a BD set come out at this point especially with physical media itself fading away, (Which is sad unto itself, but I also think I'm done collecting copies of movies/shows anyway.)

5. The Realist

I will support and embrace physical media till the last, and I'm very grateful to have this Blu-ray set on my shelf.

John Clark likes this.
  6. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Commodore Premium Member

It would be ten times cheaper for Warner and much better customer service if they just sent you the missing disc.

7. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

They have done that before with the ‘66 Batman set

8. LaxScrutiny

I bought an album from them around two years ago. Months later they sent me an email that their servers were hacked and countless customers' credit card info was compromised. They paid for Equifax (Canadian credit rating agency) to monitor everyone's credit for a year.

A charge showed up on my bill for Spotify just before I heard from them. I emailed Spotify and they were great, the charge was reversed the next day. At least I found out how it happened and got a new card.

ETA: Found the email. It was August 2020 actually.

9. LaxScrutiny

And just to mention to those doing a rewatch after a decade or so, seeing Jenson Ackles really blew me away when I rewatched last year.

10. The Realist

For me, the weirdest “sighting” is Amy Adams as a meteor freak of the week in an early episode.

LaxScrutiny likes this.
  11. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I agree, she doesn't look 20 years older when you look at her now

LaxScrutiny likes this.