Should we get 24th century movie/mini-series to bring closure to that era of Trek?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Jayson1, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Rear Admiral Commodore

I think it lasted a little longer, at least up till "First Contact" but to me it almost doesn't matter in terms of doing a movie for closure. It would be kind of like those made for dvd Stargate movies or "Farscape" getting Peacekeepers wars or Veronica Mars getting a movie.
    I think you can make money just aiming at a specific audience. Sci Fi usually lives off of making it's money off a small but loyal following. In this day and age of streaming and a almost endless amount of good tv options I think most tv shows are sort of like that. It's getting more rare to have a "Walking Dead" or "Game of Thrones" that everyone seems to love.

Jason

RedAlert likes this.
  2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't want closure in Trek. That would imply that there are only a finite amount of stories that can be told in any given time period, and I don't believe that. There are ALWAYS stories to be told. The possibilities are endless.

3. Jayson1

Well closure who be more in terms of the Berman era shows on screen than it would be closure for the entire 24th century or post 24th century setting.

Jason

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't care whose "era" it is. Like I said, there are always stories to be told.

5. brianwdaugherty

brianwdaugherty Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No.

Instead, produce a movie or mini-series that is consistent with the storylines currently being shown in the lit-verse, and shows us on screen what the TNG/DS9/VOY characters are doing.

6. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    I know it will never happen but I would love a series of Star Trek Destiny movies

SolarisOne likes this.
  7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

As have I.

Those novels aren't canon anyway.

8. jaime

jaime Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think we may see time travel to the future in discovery, nd see a hint of just that. The uniforms and stuff is already done, there's exhibits here and there that can used for filming..I can see a jaunt to the future for anniversaries the way we once took a jaunt to to the past in the nineties shows. Room for a frakes and Marina cameo that doesn't upset the fans that way.

9. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish TPTB would adapt one of the popular novels into a mini-series or movie. Most of the novels are really good! Star Trek is blessed with a lot of great writers! The Destiny trilogy would make an epic movie. The Titan novels could easily be adapted into a new Trek series. The DTI stories are great and could be adapted into a mini-series. The Section 31 novels are also quite good and could be adapted into a mini-series as well. There is a lot of potential there.

10. Danlav05

Danlav05 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think a TNG mini-series reunion ala X-Files, Prison Break and Will & Grace would be good, mixing folk from TNG, DS9 and VOY with new characters. It could spawn a post-Nemesis spin-off?

After Discovery (which hasn't even started yet!) that would be my favourite option for a next series, followed by something in the gap between GEN and TNG.

11. Jayson1

I would love this but I think this would work better in cartoon form. I don't see why Trek can't have it's own version of cartoons like "Star Wars" does that is also seen as canon. It would also allow older actors to do their characters by supplying their voices to the show.

Jason

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  12. brianwdaugherty

That's an excellent idea, although I would like the animation to be more photo-realistic than the Clone Wars series.

13. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

You might not get that-at most, you'll be getting CGI like Clone Wars or like ReBoot, or like this series:

14. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Looks like Bryan Fuller's original anthology concept may have explored the post-Nemesis era had the show continued on. Click!

15. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

That sounds exciting.... but very, very risky.

16. brianwdaugherty

I know, but...ouch. With Clone Wars in mind, I would be concerned about the people behind a modern-day CGI/animated series thinking along the lines of Star Wars or Avengers when making their version of Trek.

I'd almost rather stick with the comic books (at least IDW has done fairly well at finding good artists for the more recent Trek series).