Should a Pike show take the Orville approach?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by Jayson1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

^^this

Seeing Spock do a little opera song with Quinn Mallory's sister in the roller coaster turbolift was pretty much puke-inducing, even more than Nimoy singing Bilbo Baggins with Erin Gray being one of the go-go dancers (yikes!). That's just one of many reasons why people flocked to "Orville" - for what was a parody at its very start, "Orville" took itself seriously when it needed to and added in gravitas for a more well-rounded show. I was floored by how deftly it handled its tropes. Even the use of camp. Okay, that stupid filler cell phone episode and the other where they remade a TOS episode with the civilization in the asteroid without any innovating were more than lame but one can't see 100% perfection in every single episode...

2. Muji

Muji Commander Red Shirt

Deftly? It’s about as deft as a belt-fed mortar. It’s crass and brash and skin deep. I’ve no issue with anyone liking Orville, but deft it ain’t, In my view.

3. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Come on it's not that much like Trek.

Muji likes this.
  4. Muji

Muji Commander Red Shirt

Haha! Very good.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eh? :confused:

I'm not aware of Rebecca Romjin ever appearing on Sliders. Quinn's sister was actually played by Zoe McLellan (Tal Celes from ST:VOY).

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  6. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sister? Rebecca Romijn is married to Jerry O'Connell, who played Quinn Mallory.

Kor

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You might have a stomach virus. You should get that looked at.

antinoos likes this.