Ships Of The Starfleet Museum

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XFozzboute, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Scotchyn

Scotchyn Cadet Newbie

awesome!

2. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

UPDATE...
    Finally rebuilt the sides of the primary hull and attached the warp engines. I just need to adjust the textures to get rid of that circle. I also tested a frosted glass texture on the back of the warp engines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I've started to block in the UES Torsk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The Amarillo's anechoic, no-foul RCC nose blister--the black circle up front--is detailed enough to be a section 31 saucer hull all by itself. Stunning detail.

4. XFozzboute

Thank you.

Update...
    The ship now has it's name. Worked on the cutout for the lower cannon. I also made copies of the upper missile launchers and placed the new ones on the bottom. The still have the old textures and haven't been welded to the hull yet. A few changes need to be made and I'll be close to finished.
    [​IMG]

5. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, those are some sophisticated looking missile launchers. I wonder if Masao ever imagined that they could look like that?

6. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

Nope! A just drew some rectangular doors with no idea what's behind them.

7. XFozzboute

Took me awhile to figure out something that might work.

8. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

:rolleyes:

Phallicism is apparently in the eye of the beholder. You see what you want to see...

9. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I guess that's true. Me: I'm looking more at the weapons at this point, since I have an interest in a vessel's, err, tactical ability.

Besides, when I look at the Kretchet, to me, she looks like a dumbbell with uneven, rounded weights and a pair of nacelles than what has been suggested. Then again, the Little Nell has always reminded me more of a mushroom than anything else...

10. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Lower missile bay doors are in place and textures need to be replaced. I need to adjust a few other textures and this ship will be done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. XFozzboute

Now that the heat has let up a bit I’ve finally been able to do some renders to make an ortho for the UES Krechet.
    [​IMG]
    And something I did just for fun.
    [​IMG]

12. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Started to get more done on the Torsk. The Build for the secondary hull is finished so I’ve moved on to roughing the textures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I finished the textures for the secondary hull.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think I’ll do a Romulan ship next.

14. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    On Halloween I got hit by a big migraine and had to rest for a few days. Those things can take the piss out me. I'm tryign to get back to work so I went back to something small. The modelling of the primary hull is almost done. Just need to do the missile launchers and some grid lines. I also resized the impulse engines because I thought my first ones were too small.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Hope you're feeling better, nice job on the ship. :cool:

16. XFozzboute

Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Started to do a few of the textures on the primary hull.
    [​IMG]
    I added another airlock to the top of the hull because I forgot to add it before. I also have added the missile launchers. One thing I did forget is another set of grid lines. I'll try to fix that if I can. Also more textures for the nose of the ship and blue glowy bits like I have on Little Nell & Little Nell 2.
    [​IMG]
    Here I've opened the missile bay doors. I'm not currently very happy with them.
    [​IMG]
    I've started to rough in the shapes for the next ship I'll work on after the Torsk. The Romulan Cabbage.
    [​IMG]
    Here's what the front looks like.
    [​IMG]

17. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some really good designs here. They keep more in line with Spock's description of the Earth/Romulan war of using primitive space vessels with primitive weaponry (despite the fact that the Romulans had been in space for quite a while by this time).

A possible explanation as to why these existed alonside the NX class ships would be that these were hastily cobbled together to bolster Starfleet's numbers against the numerically superior Romulans, or these were orginally freighters or transport ships that were retrofitted with guns. These could be mass produced and sent to the front lines with the NX's kept in reserve in case the war dragged on, and because they were reluctant to risk these expensive capital ships against cheaper weaponry, such as remote hijacking or mines.

Imaus likes this.
  18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Imaus likes this.
  19. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

Yup, I called dibs on the Earth-Romulan War long before Enterprise.;)

Imaus and Kendric2000 like this.
  20. Maverisms

Maverisms Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And your work was superior. I won't claim it was TV ready, but Enterprise could have done far worse than looking to the museum as a start point.

In fact, they did.