Contest: ENTER SF&F Avatar Contest: <BLANK> The Friendly Ghost

theenglish

Vice Admiral
Admiral
Hi everyone, I'm pleased to be hosting the new contest.

After finishing Dead Boy Detectives, I thought about other ghosts who are not the villains.

So, from any medium, this contest is about posting your favorite friendly ghosts. The ghosts need to be either the protagonist or on the side of the protagonist(s). They don't have to be all good, but for whatever reason are on the side of the heroes, even if only momentarily. No undead, zombies or other creatures--this is about straight up ghosts. I will take ghosts who have some kind of scientific explanation within the story as long as they are referred to as a ghosts. (I'm thinking of a Star Trek episode here, but I'm sure there are other examples.)

• Three entries per user.
  • Standard av contest rules apply: 200 x 200 pixels max, 1 MB max and keep it work/Google-safe.

ssDUajD.gif

Sam Wheat; Ghost

qh34fJi.gif

The Maitlands; Beetlejuice

j419Icp.gif

Captain Edward "Blackbeard" Teach; Blackbeard's Ghost

(um, Spoiler alert?)

Maybe for some younger members, but it is quite an old movie so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you really want to be careful, you could just remove the title of the movie from your post. FWIW, I had another similar idea for a film that was made a few years after this one but didn't know if enough people would remember it.

Maybe for some younger members, but it is quite an old movie so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you really want to be careful, you could just remove the title of the movie from your post. FWIW, I had another similar idea for a film that was made a few years after this one but didn't know if enough people would remember it.
I think the G-man was joking.

Hi everyone. There are about 24 hours left. I will do my best to get this poll up Friday evening/Saturday morning for those in North America. You will have until at least midnight Eastern Time to get any final entries in.

Back